Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Crabby Work Haikus

I will work, I swear
in the unlikely event
you shut the fuck up

The deadline is "tight"
because you started the work
yesterday, you douche

I'm a CPA
Taxes make me pray for death
Thanks, career counselor!

I said it was close
enough for government work
It WAS TOO funny

Each time you run the
calculator tape I want
to hurt you, BADLY

16 comments:

Gretchen said...

I want to print out #1 and post it in the hallway outside my door. Which I can't close. If I did embroidery I would embroider it and frame it and then post it in the hallway.

Kristi said...

Those are TEH AWESOME! Especially #1!

Jess said...

The second one ALWAYS happens to me. I'm an editor so I'm last in line. Everyone else uses up all the time WRITING the stupid document and then they expect me to make it perfect and error-free in three minutes. Without billing their project. URGH.

Aggie99 said...

Did my "Poetry Monday" inspire you? :) I love the second and third one!

Buster said...

Number one totally made me think of one of my former bosses. She would sit in my visitor chair and talk at me for hours, and then be pissed when I was behind on her projects.

nonsoccermom said...

#2 is about to be hung in my cubicle. Story of my LIFE.

LoriD said...

What is it with people and their calculator tapes? I don't even have a calculator on my desk anymore - for simple calculations I use the computer calculator, for a whole column of numbers, I use Excel.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Jess, #2 is my life. The editor ALWAYS gets four minutes to do something that needs 60.

Shelly said...

These are awesome! The first one should be engraved in stone.

Flibberty said...

Any poetry that uses the word "douche" is fine by me! Godspeed to you, I know it's crunch time for you number crunchers.

Anonymous said...

If I had any craft skills at all I'd cross-stitch #2 and hang it in my office. Every other project is a freakin' fire drill these days.

Although am so glad #3 is no longer the story of my life.

Kristi said...

Um. Yep. They all pretty much sum up my thoughts at work.

Sarah said...

Oh, this was fantastic! My mom works for an accountant group right now, and she would love this SO MUCH.

the new girl said...

Hey! I totally did haiku this week too!

And I sweeeeaaar, I did NOT steal this [particular] idea from you

Miz S said...

Fucking hilarious. I might try my hand at some crabby work haikus, too.

Fiona Picklebottom said...

I LOVE these! If I had been drinking something, it would have shot out my nose. That's high praise, indeed!