- Target brand Dill Pickle Cashews. Cashews+dill pickles=BEST IDEA EVER! I'd like to get a shaker full of that dill pickle seasoning so I could keep it in my purse and sprinkle it liberally on my eggs and french fries and beer and such. Now THAT would improve my life dramatically.
- Scarves from Limited Too, or *kicky finger snap* Justice, or whatever-the-fuck they are calling it now. Made for kids, so they're not a million miles long, and don't make me look like I've been playing dress-up in my mommy's closet.
- Iams dog food. The vet claims it's as good as Science Diet, but it tastes better to the dogs, if that's something about which you care deeply. Bonus: it's cheaper and you can buy it at Target, not just at PetsMart.
- How I Met Your Mother. I was late to the game watching this show, but it is...GREATNESS. It's the new Friends. The "Bro Code" and the "Slap Bet" alone are worth watching for.
- Jack-in-the-Box's Southwest Chicken Salad. Best fast-food salad out there, and I have looked far and wide. It has those little...spicy corn crunchy deals! You can't go wrong with spicy corn crunchies. At least in my world.
- Harry and David Chocolate Cherry Coffee. Make your whole house smell like a box of cherry cordials! Actually, that sounds kind of disgusting. You'll just have to take my word for it.
- Jeff Black's B-Sides and Confessions album, especially Sunday Best. Launchcast recommended this based on my ratings, and although their recommendations can be, uh, suspect (VEGGIE TALES SOUNDTRACK), I do love this. I think the dude looks like Garrison Keillor, which YEAH, is a little distracting, but if you can get past that, I promise you won't be sorry.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Tess's Favorite Things, Mostly Link-Free! Helpful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

25 comments:
My daughter WORKS at Limited Too so we are all scarfed up! I am wearing a Limited Too scarf rightthisverysecond as a matter of fact.
The other day she texted me: where is the black and white scarf? I texted: I'm wearing it. She texted: U R a giant whore, I was going to wear it today. I texted: Tough darts, slut. Ah yes, the mother/daughter bond.
I totally SCOFFED at the Target brand dill pickle cashews, like, TWO DAYS AGO when I was buying the regular salt/pepper version. I love dill pickles but the thought of something that's NOT a dill pickle but TASTES like one? Is slightly revolting to me. However, I might have to try them.
Also, good to know about the Science Diet. I've been spoiling my little pup with that but if Iams is the same but cheaper?! I'm sold.
The only thing I do not approve of is the way they weave GLITTER into EVERY-FREAKING-THING in the store, as if to say, "This tube top is TOTALLY APPROPRIATE for a six-year-old! It has GLITTER!"
Did you know you can watch full How I Met Your Mother episodes online? This is useful for those of use who, ahem, have our Monday tivos set to Gossip Girl.
I am totally going to remember that Iams thing for when we have a dog. Which will be SOON. EEEEE DOGGIE.
How I Met Your Mother is totally the best comedy on TV right now. I would argue most HIMYM episodes are even *better* than most Friends episodes. Shocking, I know. I can't believe that there are people out there who DON't watch this show!
Justice for Girls- Yeah WTF IS THAT ABOUT?
Have to agree with the best comedy out there. LOVE How I Met Your Mother.
As for Iams. It makes their poop smell REALLY bad. Way worse than any other food. I mean scooping immediately is out of the question. It may have just been a particular flavor. But I never went back lol.
How I Met Your Mother is so hilarious! I am a Friends addict, so this show is not *quite* as good, but hey, it's as close as I've found!
Dill pickle cashews?! Must try.
Did you see the Mother episode where Marshall goes to the MN bar? Awesome!
YES! I DIED when they showed the banner saying "Drink until you can't remember the 1998 NFC Championship". HEE!
Just between me and the internets, I think HIMYM is better than Friends too. It's a little more...edgey with the bar instead of the coffee shop, etc.
BETTER THAN FRIENDS?????
ok, i never watch this show and now i must. them's fightin words.
ooh! ooh! i am a recent HIMYM convert as well, and DUDE. LOVE.
I was envisioning a jar of pickles with pickled cashews in them for a while.
We do not share the same taste buds, and that is okay. Although I could totally go for the salad at JITB.
how i met your mother = BEST.
I didn't watch HIMYM for the longest time, just because I thought the name was so dumb. But, now that I do, I love it. The only character I don't really like is Ted.
Homer brought home a can of unsalted almonds. They taste like nothing! so I sprinkled some (a lot) of my Ranch Popcorn Sprinkle in there and they are delicious! There's probably a dill pickle option.
He looks more like Alton Brown to me....
Ummmm. Wait. Have you ever tried dill pickle potato chips? The first time I tried them (in Canada) I was revolted. And then, suddenly...ever since I have been craving them. Yum. I will have to go find those cashews immediately.
Also, thanks for a new TV show. I miss the sitcom. I need a new sitcom. I thought HIMYM was a reality show where people try to date someone's mom. Wow. I was way off.
Also, Alton/Garrison is making me want to kill myself.
I like How I Met Your Mother more than I ever liked Friends.
How have you not known about Iams before this? My parents fed that to our cats 25 years ago. Although, I must admit, we've recently gone to Purina One for budget related reasons. If we're cutting back, the pets need to also.
Love me some dill pickle flavored... anything really. I will have to try those cashews!
You must watch Slapsgiving! If you love Slap Bet! HIMYM is best ever. Makes me unreasonably happy whenever I watch it. Way better than Friends.
So the last time that the Husband and I were in Savannah we went to this barbeque place (I know, I'm a vegetarian but they had the most awesome greens AND mac and cheese AND crispy delicious french fries and the Husband ate a barbequed bologna sandwich) anyway, it's called Angel's and they make their own SCREAMIN' PICKLE SAUCE. Tess, it's everything you've ever dreamed of! It's perfection in a bottle. It's dill pickle with a hint of poblano peppers so it's all soury but slightly spicey too. It makes the most supremely awesome egg salad you could possibly imagine. The Husband eats it with a spoon.
I can't believe you just now got on the HIMYM train! The best show EVAH, way better than friends (which was a fav) because not everyone is BEAUTIFUL and the humor is much more me.
I am also on the HIMYM bandwagon. Have you seen Big Bang Theory? It is highly underrated.
I LOVE Big Bang Theory. Not as funny as HIMYM, but definitely something unique. I agree it's underrated.
The gas stations where I grew up used to sell packets of pickle flavored goodness to sprinkle on various foods (amazing on popcorn)
Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the packets and I can't find anything close to them online. You've ignited a fire within me and I have to find them now.
Post a Comment