Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Blog Share

This post was written by an anonymous blogger (NOT TESS)(although she totally COULD have written it), as part of -R-'s Blog Share. Go check out the list of participating bloggers, read some juicy anonymous posts, and leave some comments, wouldja?

My alter ego:

BlogShare gives me the opportunity to vent my frustrations.

*This woman at my office who laughs. ALL DAY. She can't say anything without punctuating it with a laugh or a giggle. For me, it causes the same effect as that man (or was it a woman?) who would fall into an epileptic fit each time they heard Mary Hart speak on Entertainment Tonight. I wonder if worker's comp would cover my psychiatric care when she drives me completely crazy.

*Women who hover over the toilet bowl. They make these things called toilet seat covers? Those will protect your backside from the cooties living on the toilet seat. Try it sometime.

*Smokers. I know it's a horribly hard habit to break, but just try. I quit. You can too. Aside from the deadly side effects, it ages your skin, makes your teeth yellow, and causes wrinkles. Plus, gum and cologne do not cover up the stench.

*Kathie Lee and Hoda

*People who don't pick up their feet when they walk. I hate the sound of shoes scuffing the floor. On the flip-side, these types of people can't really sneak up behind me to mug me.

*Customers who write checks at the register, and don't even start filling them out with the date or name of the store until the cashier has told them the amount. Get an ATM card, for the Pete's sake!

*The octuplet mom, her mother, and her doctor. I mean, come on! Someone needs to get that woman spayed.

*People who use Twitter to do nothing but whine, bitch, and be negative about everything (kind of like what I'm doing here). I don't think they realize that all their readers know about them is from what they tweet. They might be great people, who are happy and fun to be around, but judging from what they tweet, they're all a bunch of Debbie Downers. The most annoying tweets are those that say something generally horrible like, "My life just turned to shit!" waiting for someone to reply, "Oh no! WTF happened?" And it turns out to be something as terrible as their power went out right before Desperate Housewives.

*The chemistry.com commercial on TV with the woman who says she promises never to wear a flannel nightgown. The guy answers something like "or how about no nightgown." That guy creeps me out. Couldn't chemistry.com find someone that doesn't look like a sex offender? If that is what the average chemistry.com candidate looks like, I think I'll pass.

Thanks for letting me complain a bit over here. I like to keep a facade of happy teddy bears riding unicorns over rainbows on my blog, so I don't tell anyone I was here.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy teddy bears riding unicorns over rainbows? Awesome.

I am a negative Tweeter (ugh- dumb word) most of the time. It's the one place my friends and family don't read!

Kristi said...

The chemistry.com commerical drives me crazy too! Both of them are just so weird.

Tess said...

That chemistry.com thing. I just...ARGG! It's wrong on so many levels.

nonsoccermom said...

I don't think I've seen that chemistry.com commercial, thankfully.

There's a woman at my office that answers anything you say to her with a high-pitched giggle. It is very bizarre. Me: "Good morning!" Her: "HEE HEE HEE HEE!!" I didn't realize that a simple greeting could be so hilarious.

Allie said...

I haven't seen that commercial, but it really does sound creepy.

Aggie99 said...

I have someone at my office too who I refer to as the "giggle talker." She's SOOOO annoying. I don't think it's possible for her to complete a sentence without giggling. I like to think it's because she's socially awkward but I still avoid her whenever possible.

Buster said...

I have a person in my office who just laughs randomly. By herself. At her desk. In the silence.

Creeeeppppyyyyy.

Kristabella said...

Those Chemistry.com commercials are so stupid. Look, I live in Chicago. Sometimes you need a flannel nightgown.

Also, I was a Chemistry.com customer and I can tell you IT IS NOT WORTH THE MONEY.

Alice said...

i am SO ON BOARD with that chemistry.com thing. GROSS. at first i was like "should i give him the benefit of the doubt, and assume he means he wants her to wear pj pants and a shirt instead?" except then i realized that was crazy and NO, chemistry.com was just promoting the fact that their members are PERVS.

(i mean, i actually do want my man to be so attracted to me he'd want me to be naked all the time. but not, like, use that reason as THE MAIN REASON WHY HE'S IN LOVE WITH ME.)

Anonymous said...

I love all of these!!! But... I think I might be a negative tweeter! (And that totally sounds sexual... ugh.)

I hate the chemistry dot com thing, though. Like, HATE. I also find myself oddly enraged by Geico commercials. MAKE UP YOUR MIND ON ONE AD CONCEPT, people!!!

Courtney said...

Who the hell writes checks at the grocery store anymore?

NGS said...

I used to work with a woman who wore flip flops ALL YEAR LONG. In six inches of snow she would wear flip flops. Since she was the secretary, she would walk up and down the hallways to tell us when we had phone calls or visitors. Why didn't she just buzz us? I don't know. I think she wanted to drive us INSANE with her flipping and flopping. I hate flip flops.

So, yeah. Annoying coworkers. They suck!

Melissa said...

Hah, I have laughed randomly and sometimes uncontrollably at my desk, in the silence too!

Its either from an e-mail, or a blog like this. That isnt nutty at all.

I have cried while reading blogs too. Maybe I need to stop reading blogs at work. hmmm

Sra said...

I love rants, but totally agree that some people do nothing but complain. There's a blog I like to read called ThingsIHate.com, and the thing that's great about those rants are that they are intelligent and not complainy. Some people can just never see the positive in anything. You don't come across that way.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of women hovering over the toilet seat...I just cannot handle it when there is pee all over the seat. There are toilet seat covers or you can use TP in a pinch. Let's just be courteous to the next person.

Melissa said...

Should you sprinkle when you tinkle, please be neat and wipe the seat...

SORRY

Anonymous said...

Re: your first thing, we have the incessant cougher. It sounds like she is dying and/or going to throw up. AND then we have the loudest obnoxious laugher ever. I didn't even notice until my supervisor brought it up to me. Now and again on bad days for them, I will write supervisor an email to the effect of, "her laugh kills puppies and happiness." OR "ohmyfreaking lord, do you think I should give X my theraflu? she makes me want to die."

Anonymous said...

I think there is a giggler in every office. Why can't they all work in the SAME office, with the stupid cheque-writers?

Anonymous said...

We have a woman in my office who laughs SO loud, everyone can hear her around the office. AND she works in a high-profile position, sitting near the conference room where customers meet with the higher-ups.It is so unprofessional and obnoxious!

Sammie-J said...

I just came across your blog through Mo Mommy. Great blog.

I am so with you on so many, correct that, all of these things, especially...Kathie Lee and Hoda, I would like to shoot them in the head. And the feet thing, my 3 year old does that sometimes, makes me cringe.
Don't even get me started on the Octuplet mom. (sigh)
I fortunetely don't have a laugher at my office, but I have a coworker who has to give their 2 cents on every conversation that she comes upon. It drives me so crazy when she tries to give me advice about parenting when she's not even a parent herself. Or when she gives me marriage advice when she's not even married and she's a lesbian. Ahhhhhhhh!

Good venting session. I hope it made you feel better. :)