Friday, February 6, 2009

Fun Fact Friday!

So, that Facebook 25 things meme. GAWD. I have to admit, it's not completely annoying, even if it IS blatant intellectual property theft of Fun Fact Friday. But, whaddya gonna do.

ANYWAY. Here're your goddamned 25 (TWENTY! FIVE!) fun facts. You can all pump the brakes on the tagging now, eh?
  1. I am shocked at how much I like blogging, but I don't consider myself a writer.

  2. I never have any unpublished post drafts in my Blogger account. If I can't pump out an entire blog post start-to-finish in one sitting, I just delete it and try again another day.

  3. My writing voice is similar to my "real" voice, but I don't swear (quite) as much in person.

  4. My sister likes to say she has a "comedic annoyance with mankind". This describes us both perfectly.

  5. In reality, I am actually quite agreeable.

  6. I am incredibly intuitive and will either like or dislike you immediately. I have rarely had reason to change my mind.
  7. My dream job involves being a cook on a crab fishing vessel or an oil rig.

  8. Or a dancer on Broadway.

  9. The thing I miss most about being married is cooking big meals.

  10. The thing I miss least about being married is being forced to sleep with ESPN on all! night! long!

  11. I have a secret fear that I am the type of girl that guys like, but don't want to marry.

  12. But, I do think I will get married again someday.

  13. I believe in fate/divine intervention, but I also believe people mostly use the idea to make themselves feel better about their own decisions.

  14. Both of my parents are extremely religious.
  15. I have dated an atheist, an agnostic, the son of a Pentecostal preacher, and a guy whose parents were missionaries.

  16. I don't think television, the internet, or video games are bad for you, or your kids.

  17. I like the Duggars. I think they are a nice family.

  18. My boss always tells me I "think quickly on my feet", but I know what he really means is that I'm excellent at covering my ass. He's right.

  19. Part of my success at work is a result of my body size/type, and that makes me want to barf.

  20. I love seeing pictures of other people's workspaces. Send me a picture of you at work. Srsly.

  21. I think 90% of the nutrition "advice" out there is complete and utter bullshit.

  22. I'm a chronic meal-skipper. I don't think it's bad for you.

  23. My least favorite thing about myself is my reluctance to let people know too much about me.

  24. I'm not a crier. I can count on one hand the number of times I have cried in the last (incredibly shitty) year. I would rather DIE than cry in front of other people.
  25. If I could go back and re-do my 20's, I would.

29 comments:

Jess said...

OK, I think number 9 applies to being married in general, while number 10 applies to being married to a specific person. At least, I'm married and I have never had to sleep with ESPN on at all, much less all night long. My goodness.

LoriD said...

We have CNN on all night long, which is okay, as long as Nancy Grace doesn't come on.

I agree with you on the tv/video games one. I don't think you should do them all day, but I don't think you should run or play football all day either.

Flibberty said...

Sadly, if we had a TV in the bedroom, which we don't (his idea, not mine) then I would be the one to leave it on all night and it would be on TLC or HGTV. Pathetic.

I was all "me too!" on alot of those, excpet for the success at work related to my body. If that were true for me I'd be employed by Hooters.

Aggie99 said...

Of course you know I COMPLETELY agreee with No. 8!

I've also been told that my writing voice is similar to my real voice except I swear WAY more in person than on my blog. Something about writing the words makes me feel all weird...I know, crazy.

Shelly said...

I totally agree with number 1. I struggle to come up with post ideas, but I love the comraderie and friendships I've made through my blog.

And yeah, your boss totally nailed you. : )

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on #25! Not that I would redo all of it, but man, at least give me a do-over for 20 - 22!

SLynnRo said...

All night long? What took you so long to get divorced!!?!?!?!?

Tess said...

On the swearing: my internal monologue is posivitely POTTY-MOUTHED. But, I am usually able to tone it down after putting it through the brain-to-mouth filter.

Nowheymama said...

Ugh. I've been avoiding the 25 things thing. What 25 things do I want to share about myself on Facebook? I have no idea.

Tess said...

Yeah, I'm pretty much not sharing 25 ANYTHING on Facebook. The audience there is...MIXED, whereas my blog audience is pretty much 100% People Who Are Awesome.

Fiona Picklebottom said...

#6 is me too. My husband just realized after TEN YEARS of my telling him that a certain someone was a slimy, underhanded asshole, that that someone was a slimy, underhanded asshole. The guy had always been perfectly nice to me, I just KNEW.

What?!?! You SKIP meals? On PURPOSE?! :)

Mary O said...

I wouldn't be able to tolerate ESPN on all night, either. That would be a total deal-breaker.
I think it's awesome that you want to be a dancer on Broadway. I think that would be the shit.

Alice said...

that's always something i'm sad about when i'm single - it's so hard to get motivated to cook just for yourself. luckily for me (ha) i'm single A LOT so i've gotten marginally better at doing it. (ooh, also i really recommend the cookbook "healthy cooking for 2 (or just you)" - lots of small-portion, easy, yummy meals)

Ms. Molly said...

Now I think I will have to write my 25 things too. Nothing better to do at work today anyway right?! I like the Duggar's too and am sad I missed the wedding episode.

Tess said...

Ms. Molly-You HAVE TO SEE THE WEDDING EPISODE. I'm sure they will play it on TLC a million times, not to worry.

It was...SO AWESOME. There was a DVD. On HOW TO HAVE SEX. TRUE EFFING STORY I CANNOT USE ENOUGH CAPS TO FULLY ILLUSTRATE HOW AWESOME IT WAS.

el-e-e said...

I have been dying that I missed the Duggars episode (wedding) and am seriously hoping to find it somewhere late-night this wknd!

Saly said...

I really like The Duggar’s too. Different from me? Yes. But they seem like good people. And their house? It is off the hook!!!!

Side note: Have you seen J & K’s new house? Some website posted the original listing for it, $1.3 million. I need some of that TV Show cash!!!

Also, my Target does not have the pickle cashews and for that I am sad.

Erin said...

#3 is why I love reading your blog! I can totall hear you saying it!

Type (little) a aka Michele said...

#6- I knew it. You HATE me.

#11- Are you effing kidding me? Don't make me fly to TX just to smack you.

#19- SRSLY? Is there a no-fatties clause at your workplace?

#24- OK total break with the bestie-ness. I am a crier. I hate that about myself.

#25 If I could re-do my 20's, I'd have more sex. Like lots of it.

Type (little) a aka Michele said...

Also, I did the 25 things on FB (I was careful because my fucking AUNTS are my friends on FB) and when it came time to tag, I hovered over your name and said "HAHAHAHA Yeah right! She'll never do this"

God, so wrong.

Petunia Face said...

Comedic annoyance with mankind! Yes, that's it! That's what I have! Thank you for putting words to who I am. I like you.

r.a.w. chronicles said...

OMG... LOVE this. Similar fun facts: #6, #22, and #25 (there are A LOT of things I wish I had known then!). I remember thinking the same thing about the Duggars, a nice, sweet family. I miss TLC... A LOT. But A HOW TO HAVE SEX DVD, holy shit!? WOW! HILARIOUS.

Fiona Picklebottom said...

I've seen that damn wedding episode THREE FUCKING TIMES, but I've ALWAYS tuned in AFTER the sex DVD part. ARGGG.

Kristin said...

Duggars wedding = shit I can't beleive I keep missing it!!

Re-doing my twenties = agreed.

clueless but hopeful mama said...

There is a whole post contained in that last one. What would you do differently in your 20's? You don't go for the "it may have been lame but it made me who I am now" line of thinking?

Miz S said...

Man, I would LOVE to give up the cooking-meals part of being married.

the new girl said...

I had a fantasy once about creating a coffee-table book of people's cubicles. I think that maybe someone stole my idea but MAN, that shit is fascinating.

stephanie said...

I am WITH Miz S. I HATE the cooking portion of being married. And my husband also would love to leave ESPN on all night. Luckily, he falls asleep about 2.5 seconds after his head hits the pillow, so I switch it to CSI, then have nightmares.

Awesome!

dee said...

Seriously, whoever started this freakin' chain needs to bugger off! (Though, yeah, I did like it the first time I did it!)

I'm glad I found you. You seem like a great writer actually. Not sure about my 20s, but I'd redo my teens, I think. I started to get it right in my 20s, but before that I was so freakin' insecure. Such a waste.