You know, I can take or leave the bread, as long as there's salad.
In fact, I could live on an Atkins-esque diet (as long as there was fruit/veggies) with little suffering. I mean, I'm not GOING to, DUH, and lord knows I would never give up ice cream and alcohol, but in general I can do without the vast majority of sweets/carbs.
Really, it's just beef (brisket, I guess?), chopped up finely, in its own juices and usually served with some kind of BBQ sauce, although I don't do sauce.
Pretty standard TX BBQ, which I would WICKED MISS if/when I become a Yank again.
AH! BBQ! I just didn't recognize it! Looks more like all meat chili or beef soup. I love BBQ! I usually go in for the chopped pork though... uummm. pork.. yummm... Dang it! Now I may have to get BBQ for dinner and I was planning on using my new fancy George Foreman grill. I have never owned one before.
Anyone a member of my cult? Weight Watchers where we count points like Mad fourth grade teachers on meth? How many points do you think that lunch is worth-cause Good God I'm hungry!
It kills me that people think Atkins removes all vegetables...seriously, look into it, it's mainly vegetables if done properly. And the only super restrictive phase is the first one, which you can skip.
I am forced to live an Atkins-esque diet as, I have hypoglycemia and I suffer terrible consequences for excess sugar/starches.
Tess is a recently divorced single mom living thousands of miles from her family and friends. So she's got that going for her, which is nice.
Email her at trueishstory AT gmail DOT com.
14 comments:
I love meat, but I look at that lunch and think GOD! Where's the bread? Give me a biscuit, at least!
You know, I can take or leave the bread, as long as there's salad.
In fact, I could live on an Atkins-esque diet (as long as there was fruit/veggies) with little suffering. I mean, I'm not GOING to, DUH, and lord knows I would never give up ice cream and alcohol, but in general I can do without the vast majority of sweets/carbs.
I have more of a Salt/Grease Tooth.
i have a 100% carb tooth. I CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT TEH CARBS.
also. uh, is chopped beef a... liquid? i'm disturbed.
Heh. Well, it does sort of swim in a pool of its own delicious juices (AKA GREASE), but yeah. That picture makes it look a little worse than it is.
I love salty things. Could pass on sugary things, but couldn't do atkins because of the lack of fruit and veggies.
Can you tell me (A Northerner obviously) what is chopped beef? It looks a little scary... But then again, maybe like chili with out beans?
I know, the picture makes it look like BEEF SOUP.
Really, it's just beef (brisket, I guess?), chopped up finely, in its own juices and usually served with some kind of BBQ sauce, although I don't do sauce.
Pretty standard TX BBQ, which I would WICKED MISS if/when I become a Yank again.
I LOVE Spring Creek chopped beef. You can seriously pass up their rolls??? So good...especially when they're fresh from the oven.
AH! BBQ! I just didn't recognize it! Looks more like all meat chili or beef soup. I love BBQ! I usually go in for the chopped pork though... uummm. pork.. yummm... Dang it! Now I may have to get BBQ for dinner and I was planning on using my new fancy George Foreman grill. I have never owned one before.
I have a salt/grease tooth AND a taste for carbs. I'm pretty much doomed!
Anyone a member of my cult? Weight Watchers where we count points like Mad fourth grade teachers on meth? How many points do you think that lunch is worth-cause Good God I'm hungry!
When I first saw that, I thought it was chili and some kind of flat bread. And then I read the description.
And then I FAINTED.
lmao.
It kills me that people think Atkins removes all vegetables...seriously, look into it, it's mainly vegetables if done properly. And the only super restrictive phase is the first one, which you can skip.
I am forced to live an Atkins-esque diet as, I have hypoglycemia and I suffer terrible consequences for excess sugar/starches.
HAHAHHAHA. Mmmmm...meat.
I was reading a magazine the other day that was listing ways to save money, and one of the ideas was to have a meatless meal one day a week.
Um, NO.
That would make BG soooo proud!!
Post a Comment