Ghetto Cherry Coke Jello Shots (why DRINK your booze when you can CHEW it, that's my motto!)
1 small box cherry jello (don't use black cherry. srsly)
1 cup boiling Coke (as in: a-cola, for you redneck every-pop-is-coke FREAKS)
1/2 cup cold Coke
1/2 cup white rum
Mix jello and boiling Coke and let cool. Mix remaining ingredients, then blend into jello. Pour into cups or pan and chill.
Ghetto Trash-Can Punch (practically a PERFECT STORM of ghetto ingredients):
2 pints Everclear
1 bottle Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill "wine"
1/2 gallon orange juice (actually, if you used, like, SUNNY D, it WOULD be a perfect storm)
Enough Berry Blue kool-aid mix to make one gallon
I have...nothing to say in my defense on this one. Have I mentioned that I picked up this little gem at one of the most conservative Christian universities in the country? True story. You would think those private-school Richie-Rich motherfuckers would be able to afford some REAL wine though. Or freshly-squeezed OJ, at a bare minimum. Well, we have to keep some allowance aside for hookers and blow, now don't we?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

18 comments:
Just reading this makes me remember all those glorious frat parties I never attended (what? I went to an ALL-GIRL school). Sigh. My wasted youth, etc.
i am TOTALLY a food snob, and these recipes still make me want to run to the store STAT and ghetto it up. can't take the american outta the girl, i guess ;-P
Wow. These put a Pink Lizard (Mad Dog Strawberry Kiwi and Crystal Light Pink Lemonade) to shame.
NO, you are the redneck lol. All carbonated soft drinks no matter WHAT are called SODA!
Only when ordering do you specify Dr. Pepper, Mr. Pibbs etc.
I drink Ghetto drinks as well, but its Miller Lite and shots of Jager lol.
Ah now I'm flashing back to the days of green kool-aid and everclear mixed in a giant trashcan for St. Patrick's Day parties. Sometimes I miss college, other times I realize it was a damned good thing it only lasted 4 years...
Oh MY. I can't even READ these recipes because they will make me want to break out of the healthy living plan.
Oh I've had the Grape Kool-Aid version of that trashcan punch and we lovingly referred to it as Purple Jesus.
Oh yes.
my husband who also attended the most conservative Christian university in the country is laughing VERY hard at these posts;)
Your trash can punch sounds like a high end version of Hairy Buffalo. Basically everyone brings a bottle of something (and being in college or some other educational institution but of course perfectly legal drinking age) and dump everyone's bottle into a wash tub. Then empty a whole bunch of grape kool aid packets - and if girls were there maybe a 2 liter of sprite. I have some very fuzzy memories of those kinds of parties!
These are blowing my mind. I'm with Stephanie on the Purple Jesus name though - but it's still so wrong.
I didn't think anything could be better than the last two posts, but then you go and share ghetto drinks. AWESOME.
Yes! Boones AND everclear in one receipe! Is college drinking twofer!
Also, I still make jello shots sometimes. (Also: rummy bears. I love rummy bears.) Despite the fact that I haven't been to a frat party in, oh, a DECADE.
All carbonated soft drinks no matter WHAT are called POP!
Lemon Gin and Grape Koolaid are we have as purple jesus'
Oh, MY.
Just when I think it can't get ANY BETTER. You NEED TO WRITE A COOKBOOK. For real.
We, too, had that punch at mixers in college. We put cut fruit in it, though. Fruit that had been soaking in the grain alcohol for a while.
Real health food.
I second the new girl's call for a cookbook. WITH commentary. Brilliant.
Damn - I love it. Ha ha ha!
Oh dear - this reminds me of a college party where we mixed a garbage can sized (oh I wish I were kidding) vat of vodka, generic Koolaid, and some cut up fruit, threw a party, and drank it. I think we probably killed some wild life by tossing the vodka soaked fruit out into the yard the next morning.
Oh, I have fond memories of Strawberry Hill. Back in my day, it was only $2 a bottle. And that was the jacked-up price considering i was living in wealthy orange county, CA.
I'm guessing - though I haven't checked (really!) - that the price hasn't gone up too much. if at all.
Post a Comment