*I set my alarm for 5:45 am every weekday. I always get out of bed by 6:00 am.
*In all my life, I have never ONCE sprung cheerfully out of bed.
*Each workday, I leave the house between 6:30 and 6:45 am. I can get ready in as little as 20 minutes, if needed.
*I have to put my face moisturizer on IMMEDIATELY after exiting the shower, or I want to CLAW MY OWN SKIN OFF. After that, the order is: put on watch. put on bra and underwear. deodorant. second coat of face moisturizer (srsly), if needed. brush teeth. makeup. clothes. hair.
*I drink at least 30 ounces of coffee every morning. On workdays, I always buy my coffee at either 7-11 or Dunkin Donuts, and I arrive at the counter between 7:05 and 7:15 am (but typically between 7:10 and 7:15). EVERY SINGLE DAY.
*I'm not fussy OR Type A, but I'm a big-time creature of habit. Plus I hate being late.
*I'm not the only one, because there are four or five OTHER people that I ALSO see at least twice a week at 7-11. This is one of those "little things" in life that makes me smile.
*I wish the construction crew guys who also frequent my 7-11 realized that I CAN SEE THEIR REFLECTIONS IN THE DOOR as I leave the store.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

24 comments:
There are construction crew guys awake and at work at 7:15 am? That is pretty amazing. If they are at work that early they deserve a little eye candy at the local 7-11...
I used to spring happily out of bed and then law school happened.
I get ready in the same order everyday too...SHOCKING! If something throws a kink in it, the one thing that usually gets forgotten is the deodorant, which is NOT good. When I worked at the firm, I used to keep extra in my desk door for such ocassions. Now, I just don't care as much. State employment has really lowered my standards! :)
How do you leave the house within 30-45 mins with a toddler????? It's been 17 months since my daughter was born and I STILL can't get out of the house in that amount of time. PLEASE!! Let your secret be known . . .
Um, yeah...I meant desk drawer...not door. *SIGH*
"In all my life, I have never ONCE sprung cheerfully out of bed."
Exactly.
I can validate your second comment! In order to even approach you, I made sure I had a cup of coffee for you, to ensure the safety of my bubbly-attitude, barfy-morning person self!
My alarm is set for 5:45 too - except I usually turn it off before it goes off. But then I don't leave the house until 8:15. Before kids, I was always at work by 7:00 AM, now I'm lucky if I can get my ass in there by 9:00. It's not me - I'm very quick to get ready. It's the other inmates that are s-l-o-w.
I'm the same with moisturizer - face and body. I have to put it on while my skin is still wet.
I'm with you on #2. I could really use a job that didn't get started until 10 or 11.
Really, watch first?
OK, I started hyperventilating at #1, but then #2 made it all better.
Also, I find it infinitely funny that you put your watch on before any clothing. Hee!
And I totally get you on the moisturizer. Today I thought, "Oh, it's warmer out. I'll skip the body lotion." And OMG, I'm rubbing up against wall corners and table sides to scratch my back like a freaking HORSE.
I wish I could BATHE in moisturizer.
That is all.
moisturizer is like air. i cannot live without it.
i seriously don't understand how people spring out of bed. even when i'm getting out of bed to catch a flight to the caribbean, i still don't SPRING out of bed. or even like it.
When I used to work in a local coffee shop, I loved those six or seven people who always came in at the same time every day and ordered the same thing (except when I hated them). Every now and then one would order SOMETHING DIFFERENT, like OMG a RASPBERRY MUFFIN, and the day would feel (momentarily) more festive.
Oh. Getting out of bed is just HELL. I hate it. I don't understand people who just get out of bed. Like it isn't the hardest work of the day or something. WEIRDOS.
I used to run into the same man on the metro to work and back - nearly every workday, when I lived in DC. I would just grin my ass off at him, as seeing him and seeing our morning rituals collide everyday just tickled me beyond belief.
YOU ARE UP SOOOOOOO EARLY! No wonder you hate it! ;)
Also, have you tried a milder facial wash? Or perhaps your poor minnesota-transplanted-used-to-humidity can't handle texas??
I second what Kristine said.
I get up at about the same time as you. I take a shower and do my hair the night before to save time. I even set out my clothes the night before. I AM NOT A MORNING PERSON.
Also sort of amazed by the watch thing. But I guess if you're worried about being late, this makes sense.
If someone springs out of bed at any point, they're clearly not right. Fuck.that.shit. Can I say that here?
I always get a warm fuzzy feeling from all my daily Groundhog Day moments. Rather than making me realise how mundane my life is, I find it one of the nicer things.
Um. First, let me state unequivocally for the record that cussing is not only acceptable, but ENCOURAGED. In fact, so tight is my relationship with the phrase "fuck.that.shit", that I prefer the abbreviation "FTS". For brevity.
On the watch thing. I am driven AROUND THE BEND if I forget to wear it, which I often do if I don't put it on first thing. For whatever reason. Probably because I don't typically wear a lot of other jewelry.
I was at a Mary Kay demonstration party thing and they had us wash our faces and then the demonstrator was just talking and talking and talking and I jumped out and blurted out that I needed lotion RIGHT THIS MINUTE because my skin was about to crawl off my face. And no one else was having that sensation.
Dry Norwegian-Minnesotan skin sucks (I know). And I'm totally wrinkling prematurely.
Have you tried Cetaphil as a face wash? Very mild. But I still need lotion immediately, so....probably an unhelpful suggestion.
Virtually every day I drive to work I sit at the last traffic light and see the same guy crossing the street with his gym bag. I don't know if he recognizes me, but he is part of my morning routine.
Back when I commuted, there was a group of people that I always saw on the bus. It was kind of cute. We were all in the same little annoying commuting boat.
as if anyone cares about my comments 4 months after the fact, but whatevs.
i see a guy walking to/from work every morning on my way to work...where he is on his route lets me know how early/late i am. i'm assuming he's going to or from work, otherwise why the hell would he be WALKING every freaking day? i'm talking rain, sleet, snow, blaring heat of summer.
also, it's been interesting to watch his beard grow.
Post a Comment