Monday, January 26, 2009

Whereas, Procrastination Always Pays Off NOW

Uh oh. It's the dreaded...AFTERNOON POST.

I have so much to do, and I cannot face ANY of it. Unfortunately, I've already read all the posts in my Google Reader, and checked my email, and dicked around on Facebook, and had a snack (Roasted Garlic Triscuits, thx for asking), so...lucky you.

Well then. What do I have to report? You haven't seen any pictures of my kid lately, eh? Well, that's because it turns out I don't TAKE any pictures of my kid, if left to my own devices! HAHA! Jokes on you! Slash her!

Oh, fine. Here you go.


I don't know what titan of industry came up with this idea, but let's all give THAT GUY the sarcastic slow clap, shall we? Good luck bringing your kid to shop at the neighborhood GhettoMart after she's had a whiff of the absolute power behind one of these babies. Not to mention the joy and complete lack of humiliation you will feel pushing it to the register after your kid abandons it in the salty snacks aisle, pissed off that you won't let her slam dunk a bag of Flaming Hot Cheetos.

PS-I KNOW, the place is lit up like a goddamned CHRISTMAS TREE, isn't it? It's like we grocery shop at the new Cowboys stadium or some shit! Also, don't you kind of want to strap on a pair of rollerblades and tear ass through there? Just me? OKAY THEN.

31 comments:

Mary O said...

No kidding. When a kid has one of those carts, it's like they all of a sudden have a license to put anything and everything into it and expect you to buy it. And then heaven help the person who tells them no (mean mommy). I might've caved on the Chee-tos, though.

Anonymous said...

I love the 2nd picture...great action shot with the pigtails whipping in the wind.

Marie Green said...

She is adorable Tess. And I have to say, if anyone ever introduced the "tiny cart" idea around here, I will nad-punch them across the border. AS IF grocery shopping isn't already ENOUGH of a drag, without giving kids mobile, well, _weapons_ to run behind.

artemisia said...

You have the cutest damn kid in the world, I swear.

I never thought about the potential logistic nightmare of those little carts. Holy hell. Clearly, some childless a-hole (like me!) came up with the idea.

Mandy said...

I do like those little mini carts better than the HUGEASS "race car" style ones ... in any case that grocery store looks awesome!!!

Alice said...

hahaha. nad-punch.

SLynnRo said...

Been to that store. You need sunglasses inside.

Maria said...

I'm with Mandy. I HATE those tractor trailer car carts. Impossible to steer, don't fit through the checkout lane (there's genius behind that design, eh?). I'm so curious about what this wondrous food emporium could be that you're shopping in. It looks like a stage production of 42nd Street. Or maybe A Chorus Line.

d e v a n said...

Thank gawd our grocery store doesn't have those! She's adorable. :)

Anonymous said...

Ugh I hate both those tiny carts, which I inevitably ended up dragging around to the check out after my son got bored with pushing them, and the big ass car carts. I was so glad the day my son realized he couldn't really fit in the damned car cart anymore. They are a menace. Just let people shop with the regular carts already.

Anonymous said...

Dude, if HEB ever gets those carts I will burn it to the fucking ground.

Also, did A pick out those clothes herself? Because as much as I love you, there's not a whole lot going on in the "matching" department, if you catch my drift.

(Why, yes, they ARE brass, thank you.)

stephanie said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I love her. And her tiny killing machine.

LovesBarber said...

I just snorted. Twice. And I have a UTI. (TMI?) I blame you for what happened next.

Anonymous said...

That is the shiniest floor I have ever seen. I want to get a zamboni for my kitchen floors now.

Your daughter is so cute. I love those pigtails!

PS Is she dressing herself now, or are you color blind? =)

Ami said...

Facebook, email, and Google Reader are ALL blocked at my job. There is no way to procrastinate. Unless you want to actually interact with your office-mates, which...engineers. Yeah.

Kristi said...

I can feel the Vitamin D leaching from my bones just looking at all that flourescent lightage! Then again, you'd need all that extra light while avoiding the aisle displays as you whizz by on those blades.

Know what's more fun that one kid on a mini-cart power trip?! 3 at the same time! It's like some f-ed up game show in the Twilight Zone. Hold me.

Vanessa said...

I can't help it, I LOVE Market Street! I know, I know, they are still the devil! But not as bad as Whole Paycheck.

Anonymous said...

My gawd your child is adorable!

Yeah, I think that is a common issue with the kids carts. They want to put everything and anything they can grab off the shelf in them. And then are horrified that you aren't going to purchase the odd combo of beans, marshmallows, velveeta and hemmeroid cream they have picked out.

Fiona Picklebottom said...

That is one SHINY floor! Also CUTE kid! I hate those damn carts.

Tess said...

Yeah. The outfit. First of all, if you're waiting for me to get all fussy about what my kid wears to the store, I hope you brought a good book. I'M JUST SAYIN.

We went to gymnastics after that, so the leotard was Required Uniform, the rest was all her.

She honestly IS kind of a beast about what she wears. Ugg. HALP ME.

Flibberty said...

We don't have such a store up here, I don't think. It does look rather shiny and BRIGHT. Although the cheeks on that kid of yours really make everything else look, well, just not as damn cute!

3carnations said...

I haven't had the garlic triscuits, but I had the tomato ones. I prefer the plain ones.

LoriD said...

I was going to comment on how shiny your store seems! Yes, those carts are from hell. Ava is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Ooo, please tell us what is in your google reader?

Jess said...

She looks just like you! Seriously, she stands the same way and everything. It's adorable.

Shelly said...

Am TOTALLY WITH YOU on the roller skates. That floor is hella shiny. And the "if you're waiting for me to get all fussy about what my kid wears to the store, I hope you brought a good book." is AWESOME. AGREE.

Christina Schmidt said...

She is adorable all decked out in her little leotard all ready to rumble with any other kid who comes along with one of those carts. She looks spunky!

I would totally put my feet up on the back of the cart and ride my way through that open shiny space like I was 12. Only I am old and would look dorky but WHO CARES!

Saly said...

Ok, we need one of those stores here.

What you should have done was climbed in the cart and had Ava push YOU for once!

Anonymous said...

The Tom Thumb in Plano has the same carts except they have a pole with a flag on top.

The flag helps you track the kid through the produce bins and the pole means that you can push it without hunching over. Other than that they still suck for all the other reasons!

christina said...

I'm with the PP threatening arson to HEB if they get those.

Your daughter is so terribly cute though!

Anonymous said...

if that store has a washroom I would loved to get her alone in it, I would lick herpussy so good