So, in the midst of all this healthkick bullhonkey, I forgot to tell you guys about a lower-case win I experienced last week!
Last Friday was Ava's end-of-year "program" at daycare, which was unfortunately prefaced by pert-near an HOUR of kindergarten graduation/photo montage what the FUCK. I'm starting to realize that the major downside of having older kids is having to sit through shit that IN NO WAY INVOLVES YOUR KID. And yet. THERE YOU ARE. On the parenting clock, trapped, and without your laptop/flask.
Anyway, Tosc left work early to come with me (KEEPER), and when we got there we immediately saw Carlos, his girlfriend (NEED A PSEUDONYM), and as a special bonus, my formah mothah-in-law, who is visiting from New Hamp-shah*. Well then. In theory, this is awk, because although Carlos both knows Tosc and knows we have been dating for over a year, this was the first time he had seen us together. Carlos and I have a pretty unique coparenting relationship in that we NEVER talk (we text or email), and we almost never see each other in person (we pick up/drop off from school).
But, the good news is that it went well! Everyone was civil and positively adult-esque! Even Carlos was all, "TOSC, GOOD TO SEE YOU!" Hehe. I think it really helped that Ava's grandma was there. Carlos always was super nice to me in front of his family (classic flicker).
Well, now I'm just being a bitch. Anyway, it went better than expected. The person I felt MOST sorry for was Carlos' girlfriend. I tried to engage her in conversation, but she looked positively MISERABLE. Poor girl. Especially when my former MIL ran up to me and gave me a big hug, called me SWEET-HAHT, started chatting about the family, etc. Had to be weirdsies. Sucks to be her.
So, anyhoozers, good to have that out of the way. Although it would have been cool to have a West-Side-Story-style rumble with switchblades and fistfighting and such. Ah well. Maybe next time.
*After we left, Tosc was all, OMG THE ACCENTS! Hehe. You guys have missed it, DON'T EVEN LIE.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

16 comments:
Wait, wait, why DIDN'T you have a flask?? Rookie.
Carlosita for the girlfriend.
Whew. Glad it wasn't too awkward. I was at a dance recital for my girls last weekend and a recently-separated couple both came with their respective parents. They sat on opposite sides of the room, never acknowledging each other. The wife brought the kid and the husband took her home. I had nervous tummy and and I don't even really know these people. Maybe I was expecting the rumble too. Sadly, there was just a lot of dancing, kilts and bagpipes.
The gf could be Carla or notTess.
i know it's mean for the new gf, but i get such a personal high when my ex's family continues to love me. like YES, YOU ASS, YOUR FAMILY KNOWS I WAS A KEEPER, TOO BAD YOU'RE TOO DUMB TO HAVE KEPT ME YOU MORON. but, you know, i'm petty. so there's that.
HAHA! I agree with Alice - I always love it when an ex's family loves me.
And I vote for Carlosita for the gf.
Or how about Unsub? (gotta love Criminal Minds) Unkown subject...in case she doesn't last, and the next girl friend is up to ridicule and speculation. She can be known as Carloses Unsub.
I guess it sounds kina mean. Ok, Carlosette?
Heh, I am also happy the former MIL made a scene about admiring you and asking how you are. WIN.
And I am just imaging the accents and cringing. Although I know I am one to talk. :)
I'm going to take my comment in a different direction from the others and say kindergarten graduation is simply RIDICULOUS! And a photo montage. Good grief. I have no patience for such shit. You graduate (if you're lucky) twice..high school and college. 6 year olds don't need caps and gowns, a reception, pictures, etc. for learning their ABCs and coloring. Gah!
An end of the year party. . .I'm cool with that. But anything more, no just no.
haha!I wonder what exMIL thinks of the new g.f.
I actually don't feel competitive with Carlosita (heh, thanks Swis) AT ALL, which is sort of weird. Must be because I have NO INTEREST in Carlos or his activities, for the most part. I think I am more competitive with Tosc's ex-wife (ALSO NEED A PSEUDONYM), if anything.
It is nice that Carlos's family is still cordial, since I actually do miss them.
Love the accents and I agree that Carlosita is perfect - Swistle is good w/ the names.
Carlosita! Love!
I'm so glad that it went well. As a child of newly(ish) divorced parents, I can say that having parents that can be in the same room civilly is really a gift.
And I HAVE missed the accents. Could Tosc develop one, for us?
Totally miss the Bah-ston accents around here, but if you can continue to replace with Texas GEMS like "bullhonkey," YOU'RE HIRED. (More Bullhonkey!)
Excellent story. I'd call it an uppercase Win, myself.
Dude, you are NOT being a bitch. He is a flicker to an epic degree, and all you're doing is telling the truth. Ugh.
I wouldn't feel competitive with Carlosita either, because dude, she's with Carlos and you're with Tosc. It's pretty clear who WINS in that situation.
Ooh, now I'm being the bitch, huh?
have we heard anything about Tosc's family loving you yet????
I dont' recall that post.
Ditto swistle!
Glad it went well. I too just "suffered" through pre-K graduation with the ex, new wife and ex-MIL.
Joy.
I mean, its not like a life's goal of mine to end up a divorced parent, but participating, and anticipating, these sorts of interactions amuses me endlessly.
Post a Comment