You may have noticed that Tosc has the whole Oklahoma, good ole boy, boots and jeans thing going.
Exhibit A:
And B:
Precious. It works for him, amirite? He does have a bit of an accent, but mostly it's the Tosc-ISMS that entertain. You know, he says things like "drunker than Cooter Brown", "we're gonna howl (party) to-naght", "that ole boy/gal", and "suckerbill" (interchangeable with "sucker". Usage: "look at the size of that suckerbill!").
So, all that is well and good, but my FAVORITE verbal quirk by far is his tendency toward old-fashioned, redundant phrasing. Consider how he says the following:
- Telephone call
- Plane flight
- TV commercial
- Text message
Now then. I KNOW this is just me being a TOTAL PAIN IN THE ASS, and in writing it doesn't even look that bad, but...HEE! WHO SAYS THAT? I mean, are the "telephone, plane, TV, and message" parts not IMPLIED? FTLOG! I don't know why this offends my delicate sensibilities regarding efficient speech, BUT IT DOES. What is he, 80? PLANE FLIGHT!
Actually, I sort of think he can't wait to be 80. And, there's Tosc in a nutshell.
Sorry babe. I think it's cute! Really! Except for the "ATM machine" thing. That has GOT TO GO. xo

18 comments:
How cute are you guys?!
Um, this post is full of adorable, and that last picture makes me really happy. Also, lots of Oklahomans seem to move to Denver, so I've been exposed to quite a few of them over the last year, and I have to say I love them. They tell stories about how when they were kids they would jump on bloated cow carcasses instead of trampolines, but they had to be careful because eventually the cows would de-bloat and if you jumped one time too many you would go right through the cow and end up mired in its guts. Charming, no?
It totally works for him. You two (five) are adorable!
OH PLANE FLIGHT! love love love love. really. I might make my husband start saying that. you guys are really very cute and seeing the girls lined up in that first picture just makes me grin.
haha, if i hadn't seen pictures of him i WOULD assume he was 80 from this post. 80 AND from someplace southerny. you should get him a rocking chair so he can sit on his front porch and comment on people as they go by :-)
So so cute! I was wondering through the whole post if he said "ATM machine" and he TOTALLY DOES! Oh, Tosc.
hahaha! The pictures! So cute!
Gavin just asked the other day why we kept saying "sucker Bill" all the time. Hehe. TOSC really is one of a kind!
Does he also say "PIN number"?? Gah!!
That last picture of you guys with the pumpkins just could not be any cuter :)
PLANE FLIGHT! Oh, god. Totally dying over here. I love it. LOVE. IT.
Auntie! YES! PIN NUMBER!! GAH!
Ha, ha, he DOES need a rocking chair and a corn cob pipe filled with cherry scented tobacco.
So, does he read here? (Hi Tosc!)
I loved the photos too, btw. You guys are seriously awesomely cute together. And three three-year-olds! Do they get along? How many months apart are his twins from Ava?
He knows about the blog, but doesn't read it. Blogs are not part of his 80-year-old-in-a-35-year-old-body scene.
The girls are 5 months apart in age (his twins are 5 months older than Ava). We are lucky that they get along really well.
Wow, how lucky that they get along! Then again, what's not to love if you are them? Playmates! Their same age!
FWIW, I married a 60 year old trapped in 27 year old body. Ten years later, he's AT LEAST a 70 year old now. ;) It's actually one of the things I love about him... he's just so... steady. No games, no b.s., etc.
(Though Tosc's High School Skinny stunt *does* balance things out, doesn't it?)
Aww, you're both so cute in the pumpkin patch! As for me, I get annoyed when people confuse their & there on Facebook, which seems to happen constantly. Or maybe I just know a lot of idiots? (Possible).
WTF, i just discovered I am 80 in a 35 yr old body too. i say all those things... i blame it on living in the south, ya, that's it.
Ah, Tosc. Love him (and you guys are so cute together)!
Awww- come on- quit picking on him...he would fit right in here in the South- that's just EXACTLY the way we talk ALL the time!!! Especially all the doubles you mentioned!!!!!
Y'all so cute together as a couple!!!
;-)
Post a Comment