*I am not engaged! Crimony! I don't see the whole engagement thing happening again, to be honest. When and if I get married, I'm just going to, you know, GET MARRIED. Cut out the middle man. I did the whole yearlong, TITFTLOG waiting period last time, and look how well THAT turned out. As always, overthinking fucks me in the goat ass.
*Mashed cauliflower is magically delicious, you crabby fuckers! To make mine, I steam a whole head of cauliflower, cut up, (about 15 minutes in my steamer, make sure it's really soft so there aren't CHUNKS) and stick it in the food processor with 1/2 stick of butter, a good-sized glob of plain greek yogurt (you could use sour cream), a handful of sharp cheddar cheese, and a tablespoon or so of roasted garlic. Salt and pepper to taste. You can process it until you're blue in the face, because it doesn't get gluey like mashed potatoes. I PREFER it to mashed potatoes, actually, and it's a hell of a lot quicker. So SUCK IT, veggie haters! Meat avoiders, veggie haters, what the fuck do you people EAT? Whiskey and hardtack?
*The buffalo burgers (TATONKA!) were GOOD, but not GREAT. I think I may have overcooked them. They're just so...LEAN, a situation I am generally against when it comes to red meat. They did have a nice beefy flavor, but...I don't know. Verdict: MEH.
(Tangent: I CANNOT think of the word buffalo without mentally bellowing "TATONKA"!! Thanks a lot, elementary school Dakota class)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

18 comments:
At least you can blame it on third grade. I blame it on Kevin Costner.
Oh but Tessie, the meat avoiders and the veggie haters are rarely the same people. For example, I am clearly a veggie hater. But I am a meat more-yes-pleaser. So there's that.
For what it's worth, I think the mashed cauliflower does sound magically delicious. One time I did half cauliflower and half potatoes to try to fake the husband out. He wasn't that repulsed but he wasn't particularly impressed either. I thought it was decent. I'll have to try your method next time.
Oh I know- I LOVE Veggies- and I LOVE meat. (And I LOVE Whisky.....and Vodka, ......and tequila.) Hardtack- not sa much.
;-)
Thanks for the prep for mash Cauli.
Tatonka! Dances with Wolves! Kevin Costner when he was semi-hot. Or, at least when he had HAIR.
OK - I actually love cauliflower and now i really want to try that.
I lurve mashed cauliflower. Second only to roasted, of course.
And I'm kind of disappointed that you're not getting engaged in a bathing suit on 4th of July.
At least mashed potato's don't make you fart! Cauliflower upsets my sensitive tummy.
Buffalo? Why not turkey burgers? Jenni-O are fab. But they don't taste like beef so don't GO there. But they do taste good, just different.
Mashed cauliflower? How did you even THINK of that? I actually like cauliflower, so I'm going to have to give that a go.
And Tatonka! I also say that in my head whenever I encounter a real or virtual bison. Thanks to Dances with Wolves.
TATONKA!
I do the TATONKA thing too, also courtesy of my elementary school's "learn about our local Native American tribes" class.
I ordered a buffalo burger in a restaurant once and embarrassed the SHIT out of my husband (hard to do) when I used the word TATONKA about 300 times during the course of the evening.
They used to have wicked awesome mashed cauliflower at Pizza Uno. Alas they took it off the menu. But it sounds just like your recipie.
I think mashed cauliflower sounds yummy. I wonder why I never make it? I LOVE broccoli, and I think of cauliflower as white broccoli. Oh, that's why I don't eat it: I feel as if it's white because there are no vitamins in it. Like it's the GREEN that's MAGIC, and if I'm going to eat something shaped like broccoli/cauliflower, it should be the one with MAGICAL VITAMINS in it.
I'm with you on the marriage thing....
Mmmm...hardtack and whiskey.....
TATONKA burgers are best when you purchase the meat ground, then mix it with a few tablespoons of breadcrumbs, some minced onion, and a blop of A1 sauce. We rarely eat beef in this house, TATONKA being our preferred meat. This is how we do it.
I'm making mashed cauliflower this week now cause of you!
You know, I don't like mashed cauliflower, and this pisses me off because I SHOULD like it, and it is healthy and it is just like mashed potatoes, which I DO like, so what is my problem? But I don't like it, I can't help it.
hmm, i DON'T love cauliflower but i do love cheese and garlic and yogurt. this may work.
Thank goodness you explained TATONKA. I was worried I'd missed an acronym but did NOT want to be labeled a skimmer! am not a skimmer!
Just, uh, skimmed that movie I guess.
That's about the same mashed cauliflower recipe I tried, and I so wanted to like it. But no.
I am here many days late because I went and MADE the mashed cauliflower tonight and it was a major hit at my house. I used sour cream instead of the yogurt (the only greek yogurt I had was caramel flavored, and I didn't think that would fly) and probably more than a handful of shredded cheese... TWO handfuls, maybe? Anyway, toddler loved it, high-schooler loved it, husband loved it, I loved it. The two picky eaters HATED it, but they hate everything, so I don't care. Mashed cauliflower is now a regular side dish on the menu at chez picklebottom. I'm also thinking that a nice twist on the recipe would be bacon bits...
Post a Comment