Tuesday, June 8, 2010

GET HIGH SCHOOL SKINNY!!!11

So, hilarious update on the healthkick. Tosc ordered up some fucking HEALTHYTRIM! Hahaha! Omg. I do love a good crash diet when it comes to entertainment value, but HONESTLY. I've never actually known anyone who took real, live, DIET PILLS! What is he, an 80s housewife? Sorority pledge? GodDAMN this tickles my funnybone, you guys. I am, like, INAPPROPRIATELY amused. The website says "GET HIGH SCHOOL SKINNY!", for the love.of.GAWD!

HAHAHAHA! Oh. My side hurts. This is the best day of my LIFE.

Incidentally, I hope it goes without saying that *I* will not be ingesting that bullshit. He is ON HIS OWN. Apparently SOMEBODY wasn't up for not drinking beer. SHOCKER. So, you know, stay tuned for that. Provided he doesn't drop dead, I'll keep you posted.

(Tosc rebuttal: how is this ANY DIFFERENT than the various vitamin potions you take in the name of Good Health? )

A) Shut up
B) I have wasted YEARS OF MY LIFE reading research on that shit, as opposed to HEARING ABOUT IT ON THE RADIO
C) None of MY vitamin bottles says "GET HIGH SCHOOL SKINNY"!!

Check, and mate.

22 comments:

Jess said...

Yeah, I think this round DEFINITELY goes to you. Oh MY.

Valerie said...

Have you heard of Skakeology? Just curious what your thoughts were considering all your research. I know it is probably cheesy but I am thisclose to ordering it. I figure if it keeps me from eating Mexican food at lunch then it's a win.

Alice said...

has he also order the Shake Weight? please say yes.

Tess said...

Valerie, I hadn't heard of Shakeology, but looking at the website I don't see anything too worrisome in the ingredients, unless there's something they're not listing.

Looks like it's basically a protein shake with prebiotics/digestive enzymes. I mean, I don't know what it costs, and you could probably get that stuff on your own from real food, but whatevs. I'm all for diet experimentation, unless you're talking stimulants and crap like that (GET HIGH SCHOOL SKINNY!!)

Tess said...

Is the Shake Weight not TOTALLY PORNY to anyone else?

Marie Green said...

I think you and Tosc are perfectly matched, for what it's worth. (In the couple sort of way, if we're calling this sitch a "match" then you win, hands downs.)

High School Skinny... I'm going to have to add that to my everyday vernacular!

artemisia said...

Oh, the Shake Weight. YES. Porny. Gah.

Ha ha ha! This is just too funny. God, I hope he doesn't lose a kidney.

amber said...

It seriously says "Get High School Skinny"? GAH.

Although I can't laugh at Tosc too much, because I tried diet pills about two months ago. (They didn't work).

d e v a n said...

hahahaha! High School Skinny!

Aggie99 said...

That IS funny! We have powder crap in our pantry that's part of the 21 Day Cleanse program that Bryan just HAD to buy. He used it for like a day. Ridiculous. He should've just torched a couple hundred bucks instead. I've never understood the whole diet supplement/pills. But that's coming from a person who's never dieted.

clueless but hopeful mama said...

Okay, that's really funny...

BUT

Then I heard a little, tiny, gullible voice inside my head saying: "oooOOOHHH High School skinny was REALLY skinny" which, well, GAH.

Tess said...

I told a couple of people at work this morning and they were all "HAHAHA OMG...but seriously. Let me know if it works."

Sigh.

-R- said...

I had a friend in college who was in a sorority and actually became a seller of some kind of diet pill - I think it was basically Meth Lite. Good times. (I never bought any, in case you were wondering.)

You should do before and after photos!

JackeeG4glamorous said...

Your match with Tosc and mine with my husband (health nut, sorry) bears some resemblence. My husband bought me a Jack Lalaine juicer for Christmas (slow golf clap) for Christ's sake.
I lost 30 lbs. with exercise and Weight Watcher's last year. Yeah me. But now, I've slacked on the exercise. My husband? Took to riding his bike 40 miles each Sunday.
I'D LIKE TO LOOK HIGH SCHOOL SKINNY! or at least a reasonable facsimle of such. (porn-ish or not) Back to counting points and not drinking beer...can't stomach the 64 calorie kind.

LoriD said...

Well, at least they're not marketing to the high school crowd, which is something.

I have a friend that swears by Herbal Magic. She takes a bunch of these little pills at different times of the day and has for a couple of years now ("this one staves off hunger"; "this collects all the extra fat from food that my body doesn't need"; "this one...". Cripes, it's all such bs.

Lee said...

I've seen the HIGH SCHOOL SKINNY billboard here in the ATL metro. Can't believe a real person ordered it!! And a male! That is funny.

Unknown said...

I was fat in high school. I am better looking then I was in high school, that is for sure.

April said...

Oh My Word. I looooove that I finally know (by proxy) someone who did more than just laugh at products like that and ACTUALLY BOUGHT THEM with the INTENT TO USE THEM. Haha!

Andrea said...

Vitamin D and Centrum don't give you FUCKING LIVER FAILURE. He needs to get his money back. I'm a nurse and I've seen people get screwed by diet pills.

Swistle said...

How is it different?? How is it DIFFERENT to take VITAMIN SUPPLEMENTS for HEATH, as opposed to taking Heaven Knows What for WEIGHT LOSS? How is eating steak different from eating chalk? BY BEING TOTALLY DIFFERENT, that's how!

Also, I will of course be dying for updates. Love fad diet stuff. LOVE.

Swistle said...

Also, none of my vitamins use kre8ive spelling. "heathÉ trim"!

But if it's "The Most Effective Weight Loss Supplement on Planet Earth!" how can we argue? (Why PLANET Earth?)

Shelly said...

Oh, this is priceless. Round one, Tessie, for sure.

I have a friend who tries all those diet fads and so far, none of them have worked.