Anyway, do you guys eat that shit? Tosc has decided that he's willing to give up pasta. Sarcastic slow clap. We never even EAT pasta. At any rate, I'll take it. Baaaby steps away from the Michael Phelps Diet, yaknow? Let's pray we don't have another CauliflowerGate on our hands when I finally get around to making it. Although I did provide full disclosure this time, against my better judgement. Just eat it ftlog. The uncharacteristic declarative sentence/lack of caps signifies my weariness with this issue.
*****
HIGH SCHOOL SKINNY update! Last night Tosc was up until 5am! Good times!
Tosc: Uh, I guess I shouldn't take the HealthyTrim in the afternoons anymore
Me: slash AT ALL
Tosc: I tried to "cuddle" around 3:30, but you didn't budge
Me: I can't believe that didn't work
At any rate, I don't feel sorry for him. It's a hard knock life when you're HIGH SCHOOL SKINNY! Hope you've lost enough weight to fit underneath your desk for a nap!

10 comments:
I keep meaning to get spaghetti squash and try one of these recipes that insists it's a non-vegetable, but I've never gotten around to it. Please do it so that I can benefit from your experience. I trust you to be honest about whether it's REALLY a non-vegetable.
Just in case you were on the edge of your seat, I lasted two days on the Shakeology and am sending it back. I decided I am not a meal replacement girl. I can easily have a 200 calorie salad for lunch and would much rather do that than choke down a chalky tasting shake and then feel nauseous for the rest of the day and almost pass out in a class at Gold’s Gym. Shoulda known better. Also, once it was time for dinner I drove straight to Chick-Fil-a for the new spicy chicken sandwich because I was sooo hungry. Major fail.
Valerie! Excellent update!
Yeah, I DO NOT GET meal replacement. AT ALL. Who in their right mind would want to DRINK 200 calories, when you could EAT 200 calories? Does not compute.
I've heard that spicy chicken sandwich is ACES, btw. Tosc gave it 2 thumbs up.
So spaghetti squash is not a vegetable? I must not be reading the right blogs. What is it?
We eat it as you described with meat sauce. It's not pasta - that's for sure - but it's edible.
CauliflowerGate happened at our house, too, after much gagging on my part. The squash is easier to accept, imo.
As far as I know, it's still considered a vegetable. I am weary of the tomato=fruit, nightshades=the devil, peanuts=legume, corn=grain thing, and therefore suspicious.
The only palatable spaghetti squash I have experienced involved COPIOUS amounts of butter, cheese, and bacon. However, that dish's uber palatability MORE than made up for any alleged defects in nutrition, I have to say.
I'm wondering, though...Tosc is giving up pasta and apparently doesn't do vegetables...that leaves meat? And beer? And maybe some volatile supplements? What else is left?
He does SOME vegetables, but not reliably. He eats asparagus, and I can occasionally get him to eat a salad. No broccoli/cauliflower/tomatoes/zucchini/etc.
If it were up to him, honest-to-gawd, he would eat either Burgers, Pizza, or Mexican food FOR EVERY MEAL. And he's definitely a bread guy.
I have made spaghetti squash as spaghetti once. It actually was pretty darn good! I made it in the crock pot.
Poor your marinara on the bottom of the crock, cut the spaghetti squash in half, lay it in the crock cut side up on top. At the end of the day, take the squash, shred innard with a fork (easy, and kind of fun!) and scoop marinara on top! Easy.
I actually really like spaghetti squash in place of pasta. It's pretty good!
LMAO @ the nap comment
you can nuke the spaghetti squashtable too - takes like 10 mins and is just as good as cooking it for real. it's not like it's so similar to pasta you won't NOTICE that it's squash and not pasta, but it is pretty tasty as its own thing. best with buttah, in my experience. mmmm butter. (and maybe some herbs and salt and pepper.)
Post a Comment