Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Tosc takes pictures of the weirdest shit, Version 2 of ??

We've had sort of a mild obsession with grilled jalapeno poppers lately, which is no excuse for taking a PICTURE of the damn things, but there it is. Not exactly sure what's come over us, especially since they're a little fussy to make. (PSA: you should NOT finish your glass of wine after you accidentally fling the seeds of an entire jalapeno into it)

Also, you would think that a fucking accountant would TITFTLOG and ensure that the number of bacon slices is equivalent to the number of jalapeno halves, but alas, you would once again be mistaken. Although I guess having extra peppers is preferable to having BACON left over. That would be some BULLSHIT.

Just FYI, if you are ever out to lunch with Tosc and he sees smoke? Best of luck getting back to work in under 2 hours. He hunted this apartment fire down like a COONDOG today. Obviously, I stayed in the car while he sidled on up liked he owned the place, because that Mrs. Kravitz shit embarrasses me. Fat lot of good it did, since I still got the full commentary, WITH PICTURES, after he'd had his fill. Apparently these guys are "staging," whatever that means. All I know is, that deck was made entirely of 50-year-old wood, so I sincerely hope they had a plan B.


Looky my new shoes! I KNOW. GOD FORBID they come out with a fitness accessory and I don't rush immediately out to buy it. I've been wearing these to work out and even to run a little (I'm not completely adapted to running in them yet). They're wicked comfy, but I'm growing a little weary of CHIT-CHATTING about them with the looky-loos. Yes, they're like water shoes. Yes, they're comfortable. Yes, you can run in them. No, they're not expensive. Yes, I realize they're ugly as fucking sin. ANYTHING ELSE? Goddamn. Reminds me of being out in public with my Kindle. This is exactly why I try not to be an Early Adopter. Too much interaction with the unwashed masses.

21 comments:

Jess said...

I had that problem with my Kindle too. But now I'm like a dinosaur with my first-gen version, so it's fine.

bananafana said...

i really do love those shoes . . . and I'm proud of you for not having extra bacon!

nonsoccermom said...

My husband really wants a pair of those, but he's going to wait until after his marathon this summer to try running in them. He's heard they are quite the adjustment...

Marie Green said...

I've never been able to adjust to the socks that have a compartment for every toe... so do you think the shoe would be harder for me to get used to?

Tess said...

It definitely takes getting used to, especially the little toe. I'm just not USED to having my toes spread out, even though that is the natural state of the foot, particularly since I wear high heels at work.

I'm also still feeling it in my Achilles and calves when I run (but not when I walk). That goes away, or so they say.

Aggie99 said...

I have to admit I giggle snorted when I saw the pic of you and those shoes. What the hell?! I've never seen those before (clearly I'm out of the loop). And to think people made fun of me and my "fancy" Crocs. But I guess if those shoes have a fitness purpose, then that makes them okay.

Completely random sidenote: As I was burning the shit out of my fingers last night with my hot glue gun (working on the crafty projects for this weekend), I thought how you would never have that problem because there's NO WAY you own a hot glue gun and Scotch tape can't inflict real pain. :)

Alice said...

my friends who are uber into parkour wear those creepy-ass toe shoes. I HATE THEM. they make you look like you have monkey-feet. do not like.

Emily said...

So, you know we need that recipe now right?

I mean, it DOES look fairly obvious, but I'm kind of a fussy-pants about wanting to know how much of this and that and how long to cook and what not.

Tess said...

Emily, you just slice the jalapenos lengthwise, scoop out the seeds/membranes, fill the insides with cream cheese and then wrap a half slice of bacon around each one. They take about 15 or 20 minutes on the grill, depending on how crispy you want the bacon (I like really crispy).

Emily said...

Thanks! I can't wait to make these.

We just got a grill about a month ago, so it's all still very exciting.

Melospiza said...

Your toes look like they're wearing ski masks.

They also make it look like you could scale a wall.

Melissa said...

I am glad I am not the only one who felt the need to cyber giggle at you about your shoes. They be freaky.

Sahara said...

Dude, you have the cutest feet ever. Other people may giggle, but I think you are pulling those off much better than most people could ever dream of doing. (Bad sentence structure, FTW!)

d e v a n said...

o.m.g. I love jalapeno poppers. Great. Now I'm going to have to force my husband to make me some. I literally cannot get ANY of the jalapeno innards on me or I BURN for hours upon hours. Don't even ask what happened one time after we made those little yummies and then, ah... had some...er, free time.

Now that is a PSA.

SLynnRo said...

I just can't get behind the shoes.

Erin said...

I must talk about the shoes. Really, what I want to know is if you've got some nagging over-use injury, should you probably avoid them? Because I GET the concept (i.e., "Born To Run" ladeeda), but I've got this perpetual, slightly painful but mostly not-too-bad plantar facitis (what? am I effing 70 years old?!) and I think those shoes would seriously make it worse. Yet, maybe I have the plantar facitis because I needed to run in those shoes for the past 10 years? But now it's too late because the muscles of my foot have atrophied and I'm a goner? So WHAT now?

Tess said...

Erin, I wonder that myself because I've had trouble adjusting to running in them, especially with Achilles pain. For 20 years I've been running in highly cushioned shoes and I'm sure I've done some damage. I DO think I will adjust eventually, but only because I'll be strengthening the areas that I made WEAK wearing my other shoes, you know? If you have an injury I don't know whether you would ever adjust or not.

I do like the idea of not buying new shoes every 6 months, though. I can wear the Vibrams until they literally wear out.

Anonymous said...

Do your toes sweat in those?

Tess said...

I don't THINK so. No more than wearing socks and regular shoes, anyway. They actually breathe quite well.

JackeeG4glamorous said...

I too take pictures of food. Weird I know. and when I've had too much to drink, I'll take pictures of just about anything. Better pictures than when I'm sober.

Here's to those snazzy footwear thingee's.....gulp.

amber said...

Those grilled jalapeno poppers look great (thank you, Tosc). And...I'm hungry now.