Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Hangover


Welp, I'm back from Vegas, which is wicked depressing on many levels, not the least of which is the fact that I can no longer carry a cocktail strapped to my person as I go about my daily activities. Weak.

You know, I actually think I drank LESS in Vegas than I normally would, simply because in Vegas there is absolutely no pressure to finish your drink before you leave a place. Have half a glass of wine left after your meal? NO WORRIES! Consider it a parting gift along with a starlight mint! In fact, take this sippy cup and lanyard so you can remain hands-free! At one point, I bought a drink at a casino bar, carried it with me INTO A SHOPPING MALL, and then to our table at a restaurant (!!), where I finished it with dinner. I mean, really. Ironically, the only place you CAN'T carry a drink in Vegas is a tattoo parlor. Thus ensuring that 100% of Vegas tattoos are administered to the sober. Christ. (Fun fact: Tosc originally wanted to get a[nother] tattoo in Vegas, but ultimately decided against it because then he wouldn't be able to go in the hot tub. Which is pretty much exactly why I didn't get one either. W.T.F.)

Speaking of Tosc, in a pretty standard move in which I epically failed to TITFTLOG, I put him in charge of photography during the trip. It's well documented that I will tote a $250 camera far and wide across the globe for years on end, without ever actually removing it from my purse. However. At this time I would like to present a photo essay showcasing the types of items Tosc finds worthy of a Vacation Photo:
The, and I quote, "pisser"at the Paris hotel, provided as "evidence" of the upscale nature of the hotel.

The fountain outside the Bellagio, featuring not the famous water show, but the significantly LESS famous MAINTENANCE DUDES.
Gigantic Man-vs.-Food burrito, which is free if entirely consumed in one hour. Tosc actually got up into this poor teenaged kid's grill to take this one. AND made me walk across the bar like 5 times "to check on the status". Which was, at each and every juncture, "disgusting yet insignificant progress".

Bickering gay couple sitting next to us at the bar. Actually, these guys were kind of awesome. This picture basically captures the essence.

Mulleted dude wearing cutoff 2003 Old Navy shirt and ponytail. Because we can't find any of THOSE right here in Texas. Jesus H.


SIGH. This is probably his screensaver by now.

Oh, and my sister got married too. Congratulations, you crazy kids. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have photographic evidence that someone let a fucking teenaged boy name their Mexican restaurant.

14 comments:

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

Congrats to your sister, Tess! Sounds like you had a great trip to Vegas! Funny story that Tosc was seriously considering getting a tat in Vegas! Were you really thinking about it too? ;)

You and Tosc are a really stinkin' cute couple!!

Jess said...

The trip looks like so much fun! And that photo up at the start of this post is BEYOND ADORABLE (not that the OTHER photos in this post aren't EQUALLY AWESOME, of course).

Congrats to your sister!

Alice said...

i have TWO upcoming vegas trips this spring/summer for different 30th bday parties. perhaps i should bring tosc along to photo-document?

d e v a n said...

What hilarious pictures!!! lmao! Congrats to your sister!

Anonymous said...

I love what Tosc deems photo worthy - ha!

Congrats to your sister!

Aggie99 said...

Glad to know I'm not the only person who takes pictures of bathrooms. Dude, sometimes they ARE picture worthy! :) And adorable pic of you both.

Marie Green said...

Oh, Tess. How I love you.

Also, I think *I* want to go to Vegas with you.

Congrats to your sister... what an awesome way to get married!

Becky said...

I totally have a shot glass from the Pink Taco. Best. Souvenir. EVER.

Melissa said...

I love the picture of the two of you which Tosc obv. didnt take.

The burrito made me throw up just a little.

-R- said...

Tosc sounds so Oklahoman in this post!

I'm glad you guys had fun, and congrats to your sister!

Also, that bathroom does look very fancy.

Fay said...

That there sure is a fancy pisser.

Y'all's height disparity cracks me UP. Is that wrong?

Sarah said...

I was so glad to see a new post from you! And it did not disappoint, either. A classic. I may bookmark for future reference.
Also, I have totally taken bathroom pictures. Well, just one, really, but I now empathize with the IMPULSE to do so and cannot judge.
And finally, bless you, Vegas. Pink Taco indeed.

Farrell said...

I've missed you! You're one funny girl and for that I say thank you!

Mandy said...

I think those pictures are the best kind....love it! The gay guys were awesome. I only wish TOSC was there to get a shot of me puking in the trash can at the airport... in front of my horrified son. Mother of the year!