Friday, April 16, 2010

If you must know

TA DAAA! It turns out that Carlos DIDN'T get his own "Family Heritage Doll" (I shocked myself by actually ASKING), leaving me responsible for cooking up an appropriate hybrid.

So that happened. Without the aid of glue, since of course I didn't have any. What, this is a KITCHEN, not a goddamned HOBBY LOBBY!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

YESSSSS. I am loving the Favre jersey! This is totally awesome.

-R- said...

It turned out awesome!

Type (little) a aka Michele said...

How wonderful of you to put Red Sox crap on there. That is like ABOVE AND BEYOND.

I just figured you'd put 1000 lakes on it and call it a day.

Saly said...

This is awesome, but begs the questions, what the hell DID you use instead of glue?

Jess said...

Good LORD you did good work. But I don't understand homework projects like this. I mean, OBVIOUSLY you did this yourself. This is not the product of your kid. So why are they sending home art projects for the parents to do? What is the point?

Melospiza said...

I like the airplane arm. How ELSE can you have a culture that is one leg Minnesota and one leg New Hampshire?

And ha ha Jess: yeah, we wish. My pre-K kid gets "homework" ALL the time. Which we don't do. Obviously. GOD. But we're in a minority.

bananafana said...

Heh I love it! We're screwed when our kids start bringing homework home for us to do . . .

Maggie said...

ITA with Jess. I hate this crap. I'm not crafty and my son is constantly being asked to do bullshit that basically becomes my homework. WTF? I already have a job and finished elementary school a LOOOOOOONG time ago. Ugh.

Misty said...

Good Job!

Did you stick all that on with toothpaste for want of glue?

Aggie99 said...

Yea! Thanks for sharing...it turned out great! I'm going to my parents' tomorrow and I'm on the hunt for my "me" doll...if I find it, it will make an appearance on my blog soon! :)

Tess said...

We used TAPE. Not even double-sided, just plain old scotch tape.

IN THE GHETTOOOOOOO

Aggie99 said...

Nothing wrong with the scotch tape. That's currently how all of M's pictures are attached in her baby book. :) And sadly, I have "appropriate" material from scrapbooking but I'm too lazy to get it out and use it. Getting tape out of the junk drawer is much easier. But if you say GHETTOOOOO. . .

Swistle said...

That came out so great! But...no hotdish?

JackeeG4glamorous said...

What's yer address - I'm mailing you a gluestick.

artemisia said...

Totally impressed this was completed without glue. How?

Also - the girl has a great background - FAVRE! Hee.

Alice said...

HA. adorable, if slightly demented-looking. i'm with type(little)a, that was VERY magnanimous of you to put the red sox on there at all :-)