*I started working out with a trainer. Three weeks of one 30-minute session per week, and yet I remain distinctly UN-ripped. Disappointing. At any rate, I'm enjoying it. Ish. It was becoming increasingly clear that I would never be motivated to lift heavy weights with any regularity on my own. I just cannot seem to unleash my inner Beefcake. Guess I'll let Kris the Hot Trainer take the reins for a while and see what treasures unfold. So, look foward to that. Fun fact: I went to college and grad school with Kris's sister. Uh. Whenever I meet one of my contemporaries from CBU I always get juuuust the mildest case of Nervous Tummy on the off chance they've seen me barf outside a bar, or I slept with their husband in 1997 or something. AWKWARD. I hate when that happens.
*I seem to be developing a teeny, TINY case of the sniffles, which, IF it materializes AND I'M NOT SAYING IT WILL, is no shit the first "cold" I've had in YEARS. BAH. This is ruining my smug "I never get sick" schtick! I'm going to have to reset my Cold-Free For 123482346 Days sign! GODDAMNIT! I was so pissed off this morning I took 20,000 IU of Vitamin D in an effort to send the motherfucker to an early grave. I have a Thing with Vitamin D lately. If I accidentally severed a limb (or intentionally severed a limb for that matter), I'd probably rub some Vitamin D on it and go about my business. It's like Windex. Or Tussin.
*Seriously, WHAT can I blame this weak excuse for a "cold" on? Kris the Hot Trainer? Karma resulting from the various antics of 1997? EL NINO? I NEVER GET SICK FUCK THIS SHIT.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
I haven't barfed in probably 17 years. I am sooooo not looking forward to when I have to resent my Haven't Barfed in XX years! sign.
I love vitamin D. But good lord 20,000 IU is a lot!
Maybe it's allergies. That does NOT qualify as sickness. It's pollen and THAT IS ALL.
I say blame it on the volcanic ash from Iceland OR the oil spill. :) Impressive you've gone so long without a cold.
Keep up posted on the progress with the trainer. Given your general self-motivation when it comes to things "exercisey," I'm intrigued that you're working out with one.
Yeah, blame it on allergies!
I think you can blame it on the trainer, as I can't think of anything germier in a gym than the weights. I mean, do you Purell before touching them? Or spray them down after using them?
Yeah. That's it right there.
It is because it was 40 degrees in Minnesota in f'n MAY when you were here. And airplane germs...yuck.
I always, ALWAYS get sick far more frequently when I start lifting weights. I have no idea why, but I have tried the weights + normal workout routine nearly a half dozen times and I always quit because I get sick. Gym germs? Overtaxing my body? Allergic to weights? Who knows. I hate it.
Windex cure...OMG I loved that movie!!!
Funny stuff, you!!!
I'd still blame it on the daycare kids.
Post a Comment