Thursday, May 27, 2010

Two Weeks

So, I never did get properly sick. Vitamin D FTW! And/or placebo effect. Whatevs. At any rate, I'm fixing to slow my roll on the Vitamin D to compensate for my other inadvisable habit of unchecked sunbathing. Don't want to go toxic. Well, not on Vitamin D, anyway.

Speaking of my health or lack thereof, the training is going like gangbusters! Most importantly, I found out that my trainer is a Tommy Boy fan when he asked me to push THIS across the gym floor and back:
Me: Looking forward to it
Trainer: I'm picking up your sarcasm
Me: That's good because I'm laying it on PRET-TY THICK

Aces. He's a keeper.

What else?

*We went to MN for Mothers Day/my sister's wedding dance!

Q: who are the extras? A: we've been friends with these people for, NO SHIT, like 25 years. There's a similar picture of us when my sister was probably Ava's age. Sunrise, sunset, etc. etc. Yeah, I'm drinking wine out of a plastic dixie cup, what of it? Anyway. This is all a tiresome review for those of you who are my friends on Facebook.

*Speaking of my inadvisable social media omnipresence, I added my Twitter feed to the sidebar. So, you know...enjoy that.

*I went to a sex lecture at work! Oh, fine, INTIMACY. Surprisingly, it was only SLIGHTLY awk, as I was the youngest person in the room by like 25 years. TFS. This one poor woman kept having to loudly repeat everything the lecturer said to her husband, who was like, 80, MINIMUM.

"SHE SAID THE LITTLE BO PEEP FANTASY IS TOTALLY NORMAL"! And so on. Awesome.

I even felt a little smug when the presenter suggested getting a book of questions, because Tosc and I do that! (They're not SEX questions, you pervs!)(As far as YOU know!) I have this one on my Kindle, and we sometimes bust it out during Monday Funday or whatever, if there's a lull in the conversation and no one at the bar to make fun of. Look at us, all INTIMATE and shit! (*emotional cripple shiver*)

*And since I mentioned Monday Funday, we were recently spending one at our favorite bar when we learned that one of the bartenders we like had quit, and that no one knew where he had gone. Wamp wamp. So, being the resourceful drinkers we are, we immediately put our heads together in the think/drunk tank and came up with what will surely be the best idea EVAR, should someone much more highly motivated pursue it. Are you ready? (you: SIGH). It's a website that allows you to find your favorite bartenders! You know, search by name or city or where they've worked in the past and find out where they are working now! GENIUS, AMIRIGHT? The bartenders are incentivized to sign up so that their customers can find them, and the bar owner are incentivized to advertise! BARKEEP.COM. I can basically die now, having had that idea. The End.

13 comments:

LoriD said...

Does anyone else think Tess could pass for Kristen Chenoweth in that wedding picture? Can you sing, Tess?

pseudostoops said...

Barkeep.com should also have a cousin, hairdresserfinder.com, for when your stylist leaves the salon and the salon, not wanting to lose your business, refuses to tell you where they're working now. Shit makes me NUTS.

Jess said...

I was JUST going to suggest exactly what pseudostoops just suggested. I lost my hairdresser once and it was VERY TRAUMATIZING.

artemisia said...

Oh, Tess. Again: I love you!

Oh, the barkeep is a great idea. I still mourn losing track of the bartender that made the best (and only version I like) Bloody Marys EVER. God, those were good.

Marie Green said...

Do you watch The Practice ever? You remind me of my favorite character, Charlotte. Anyone else see it?

Maggie said...

pseudostoops if I had any time or money I'd start that website right now. Love it.

Lee said...

Best. Movie. Evar.

I knew I liked you.

d e v a n said...

I just can't get the "deaf 80 year old guy and his loud wife" image out of my head now.

Aggie99 said...

Before we got married, I made Bryan go through the "101 Questions to Answer Before You Get Engaged" book. And somehow, he still agreed to get married. Sucker! :)

Jen said...

Can you also make hairdresser.com for tracking hairdressers when they leave and/or the salon they work at closes? Or am I the only one with this problem?

amber said...

I haven't been drinking (yet) and the Barkeep idea actually sounds like a good one...

Sarah said...

You COULD die now, probably, but don't, please. Surely there are even greater ideas where that came from.

Alice said...

oh man, i think i need that book. i am Not A Talker (in the sense that i talk constantly, but can never manage to tackle anything remotely important / deep / feelingsy) and USUALLY i date guys who ARE Talkers as a result, but my current boyfriend is also Not A Talker. so on the one hand we never fight about ANYTHING but on the other hand it's probably because neither of us has ever brought up any issues, like, ever.