Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Motherland awaits!

So, guess where Tosc and I are going tomorrow? HERE ARE SOME HINTS:

















Woo hoo! Bonus: it's going to be in the 70s while we are there. SEVEN-ZERO. TWO digits. **HAPPY DANCE** SEE YA TEXAS!


Bonus hilarious Google Image Search result:



Bonus Fun Fact: Tosc's ex-wife is ALSO from Minnesota! TRUE STORY! Ha! HAHA! Man, does he have a raging Yankee Fetish, or WHAT? He should really get that looked at.


See you guys next week(ish)!
xoxo

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, Taco John's is the best thing about living in MN. Seriously.

Have a fun trip! If you're going to have some free time and you're near Minneapolis, let me know! I'll come drink and eat some tots with ya.

Emily said...

That picture of the Tater Tot Hot Dish is making me drool. And yes all of my silly West Coast Friends it is a HOT DISH not a casserole. You nutters.

Have fun in my old stomping grounds!!

-R- said...

Ha, that billboard would make my husband so angry! He is a crazy anti-Sconnie Minnesotan.

The weather is too cool for me right now, but I am sure it will be awesome when you have been dealing with the summer heat in Texas.

-R- said...

Oh, and have a fun and safe trip!

Alice said...

i am so sad that i have never had tater tot hot dish OR taco john's.

Shelly said...

Is this the big *duh duh duh* MEET THE FAMILY?! If so, hope it goes well! I'm sure your family will love Tosc. Have a great, safe trip!

sitting on the mood swing at the playground said...

Taco John's!! I'm so jealous...I love Taco John's. It's my first stop when I go back to South Dakota. Have a great time!

Love the tater tot hot dish photo!

Gretchen said...

You are going to freeze to death, bring sweatshirts! It has been a cool summer. Have a great time!

Darla said...

I have to have tator tot hotdish NOW!! I am going to the store tonight! heh

Hope you guys have a great trip!!!

Kristi said...

That sign is amazingly hilarious! Have a great time :)

Blythe said...

Just returned from a week in Montana, where I gorged on Taco John's beef burritos. Delish.

Have a great time!

Jess said...

Fun! Have a great trip! And also, we heart Caribou. Thank god there's one near our house in Denver because if there weren't any here, Torsten might have vetoed the whole moving from DC thing.

Marie Green said...

OH, it *has* been unseasonably (and wonderfully) cool here lately. LOVE IT. And it's Taco Tuesday today! Dammit woman you are making want tacos. And the beautiful thing about Taco Johns? THEY ARE NOTORIOUS for being fixtures in small towns. WE HAVE ONE HERE!

So, remind me again which tiny town you are from?? Want to come over for dinner? I'm in need of adult eaters to cook for (see also: farm share and kids gone).

Mandy said...

Just had Taco Johns for lunch! I like to order potato ole bravos and mash them up so they make a MEXICAN tator tot hotdish. Delish.

Sarah said...

Tess Tess Tess! How long are you going to be there for? Because I will totally BE in Minnesota next week! Well, right on the border of Minnesota and Wisconson, but you know, CLOSE ENOUGH to perhaps arrange a meetup. Email me and let me know what part of the state you'll be in, will ya?

Sarah said...

Just read the comments and realized there's about three of us now that want to meet up with you. What a relaxing vacation for you! "Drive all over the state and abandon your boyfriend to meet up with crazies from the internet, Tess!"

Crystal said...

I was just back there for a wedding, and from the looks of how everyone was dressed I would say they might have moved into the early 80s. I have never seen so much neon, silk, zebra prints, and taffeta (and that was AT the wedding!).

Anyway, have fun.

Tess said...

Man. I am not going to be anywhere NEAR Minneapolis, UNFORTCH. Except when we fly in. Doing the lake thing on the West Siiiide aka Gods Country.

Vanessa said...

Have an awesome time (as though that's avoidable!). I miss Taco Johns too. The 70's sound great, actually anything less than 105 sounds great.

Gretchen said...

Going off on a tangent about the wedding attire - I recently commented on my facebook about seeing someone famous in a beautiful suit and his posse of middle aged white folks in their "Iowa dress-up clothes."

Crystal said...

Apparently I can't read for shit since I thought you were talking about the decade, not the weather. Maybe it's because I felt like I had stepped back in time (also not the Twin Cities, but the far west corn fields), or maybe because it was hot as hell when I was there.

Anyway, again, have fun.

crazy dog lady said...

You had me at hotdish.

Have fun!
-KTMR

bazu said...

tater tot casserole!! I thought for sure that meant you were going to go visit/stalk the Duggars. Just me? Ok.

JackeeG4glamorous said...

Have a great time {bring a sweater}

Becky said...

How did I JUST find you? That is a sad state of affairs. I think I love your blog. True(ish) story: My husband (from South Dakota) may or may not have plotted out every Taco John's location between our house and SD when he drove there in February....