Here is today's lunch. I had to take pictures of the salad and sushi separately, because I COULDN'T FIT IT ALL IN ONE PICTURE, OMFG. The humiliation. It is...not that bad, really. I'm pretty much done with people insinuating that I eat like some kind of LUMBERJACK. Maybe I AM a lumberjack! How the fuck do you know? Ahem.

Whenever I can't decide what I want for lunch, I like to toddle on over to Whole Foods and just See What Looks Good. This is a TERRIBLE idea. You don't even want to KNOW what this lunch cost.

Whenever I can't decide what I want for lunch, I like to toddle on over to Whole Foods and just See What Looks Good. This is a TERRIBLE idea. You don't even want to KNOW what this lunch cost.

Here's the salad, with bonus cameo by my vitamins. Nothing too special here. And yes, I DID staple the sides of the takeout container for staging purposes. Now there's organic bleu cheese dressing all over my Swingline. I hope you people are happy.So, what did YOU have for lunch today? Bonus points for pictures and revealing how much it cost.

48 comments:
Tuna Sandwich, Harvest Cheddar Sun Chips. I'm just glad you can open your mouth and chew again!
The sushi was no picnic, I gotta tell ya. I can just BARELY open my jaw wide enough for stuff like that. Burgers are pretty much impossible, although I can wedge chicken nuggets in there now, so that's an improvement.
No pix because I already ate it, but I had a Godfather Salad (which was not made from real godfathers, Wednesday Addams). Leafy things, cheesiness, chicken, roasted red peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers. Balsamic dressing, a splatter of which currently resides on my right boob. Honest to God, I should carry my stain stick in my damn purse.
I am picturing you as a lumberjack and it is pretty damn funny: "And then I chopped down this giant redwood because it was pissing me off. TFS!" :)
I had leftover egg noddles with grilled chicken, made healthy by the thoughtful addition of alfredo sauce. And a Mountain Dew. I'm guessing it cost me 99 cents.
I had a cheddar apple turkey wrap at a coffeehouse. (And some of my kids' Curious George fruit snacks that came with their meals.) And now I'm eating leftover maple leaf cookies from the latest Canada trip, at a hundred calories per cookie. I guess I should STOP eating them at some point soon...
Oops! Six bucks.
No pix because I might be eating my lunch on my couch in my underwear (unemployment-induced apathy strikes again!) and am too lazy to get the camera, but I'm having tuna and macaroni salad, fresh strawberries, and a Diet Coke. The salad is leftover from 4th of July weekend, my FIL the farmer dropped off the berries this morning, and I filched the Diet Coke from the mister's company-stocked fridge at his office.
My own personal concoction I like to call V8 soup, because it is made from...V8. Basically its onion and celery sautéed and then a large bottle of low sodium V8 w/worcheshire and Tabasco sauce added. It’s yummy – but the husband HATES it. More for me. I make it on the nights he works…the husband is a Dallas firefighter. I am enjoying all of your anecdotes on the nice guy/fireman!
Oh – I am guessing my portion costs like, a dollar.
OMG it all looks so good and the worst thing we ever did for our budgets was buy a house down to the street from the biggest, nicest Whole Foods I've ever seen.
Lunch today was my latest lunch kick thing, that I cannot get enough of: small whole wheat tortilla with hummus, sprouts, avocado, and tomato, and tuna (although usually I use leftover grilled chicken instead). It is SO YUMMY. And just looking at that big pile of vegetables and lean meat before I wrap the whole thing up makes me feel very virtuous.
Also, what is WITH people commenting on how much other people do or do not eat? OMG BUTT OUT.
People who comment on other people's food make me want to stab them. Whether it's how much or what they're eating. And I solemnly swear to smack the next person I hear say, "that looks disgusting!" about someone else's food. My usual reply is, "that's why I didn't ask you to eat it."
Ahem. Oh, my lunch today: Cafe Carolina chicken salad wrap and fruit cup. Way overpriced at a whopping $11.
Leftover bbq sausage, broccoli with cheese, and rice, all of which I actually cooked (SHOCKING!!).
I've started a bad habit of going to Central Market when I can't figure out what I want to eat. And I usually end up with spicy California rolls and an overpriced salad. Good thing there's not one closer to our house!
Ok so it was raining outside at lunch time...so instead of getting my hair wet (it is a GREAT HAIR DAY...only one short day after getting it cut..which NEVER HAPPENS)..I hit the vending machine for a chili dog, fritos and a diet dr pepper.
Turkey burger left over from last night on whole wheat bread, pretzels, baby carrots, vendo pack of Famous Amos chocolate chip cookies. Total cost maybe $2.50? I love going home for lunch.
Why do I not work in a place with vending machine chili dogs? That is awesome.
I was :SO: going to take a picture of my cobb salad for you last week. I got one 3 days in a row, because, you know, there is nothing like OVERKILL. I could so go for one right now. I’m actually kind of pissed that nobody ever told me how good it was before, like I could have YEARS of cobb salads under my belt (literally—ha) by now!!
P.S. today I had Asiago Roast Beef and Cheddar from Panera, with salad and a huge shortbread cookie.
Tilapia and Broccoli. Got to love dieting.
It was FREE! though. One of the partners was having lunch with is wife at the same restaurant and got all of our meals. Which was pretty awesome.
Ate a restaurant while traveling for business. Lemon grilled chicken sandwich on pita, with spinach, tomato, onion and hummus, coleslaw on the side. With tip, 12.34.
BTW - sorry to be a SKIMMAH, but what does Tosc mean exactly? I get that it's the new BF, but what does the name refer to? It feels like I ought to know this but I looked through old entries and couldn't find the reference - if we're not supposed to know then ignore me.
Oh crap - I meant ate AT a restaurant. Damn, I haven't eaten a restaurant since last week at least.
Tosc doesn't mean anything. It's just a totally weak and lame pseudonym based loosely on his Actual Name.
P.P.S., because I am annoying, the cobb salad runs me $7.99 which is more than I’d like to spend on my lunch. The Panera was a free catered work lunch.
Tex-Mex, baybee! Met the hubs for lunch today. I had a Spinach quesadilla (which was actually TWO damn quesedillas) and it was $6.75, plus unsweet iced tea at a buck-twenty-five. I actually struggled over the cost because the lunch menu had Speedy Gonzales combos for $4.50, which would have been quite virtuous, financially.
I have never been to a Whole Foods! TFS!
(I'm assuming that stands for True F'ing Story - if not, please ignore.)
Anyway, today I had a Healthy Choice Pumpkin Squash Ravioli meal. It was actually quite good and cost about $2.50. Whoo, big spender.
I had rotary today so I had lame buffet luncheon for $12. The worst part? I had some of the green salad from the huge buffet salad bowl but was chatting with fellow club members and forgot to get dressing. Once I found a seat it was too much of a pain to go back and get dressing. So I had dry lettuce. Lame. Can I lick your stapler?
Lasagna alfredo, nectarine, fruit punch and granola bar. Umm, $4 probably.
AND you gave me the idea to start posting what I was eating with pictures, but then things got all serious around here so I didn't want to be all like 'HEY, CHECK OUT MY FOOD'! And then I fell of the healthy food wagon and have been too embarrassed (aka lazy) to keep up with it.
Whole thing was 3 bucks. And for thechili dog there are OPTIONS...like a single one or a two pack...it so makes my day
I also had sushi (California rolls, which I hear do not really count as sushi, but whatevs); and to make up for that healthiness I had two (smallish) pieces of strawberry cheesecake and a Mountain Dew. It was all from the grocery store and probably cost about $10 or so.
Melinda wanting to lick your stapler just made my day. :)
I had for lunch what I have every day, unless I have leftovers (and which I also have for breakfast): cereal mix. I half thought about recreating it for a photo op but then I would have to eat it and that would make three bowls of cereal, which is something I do not like to do unless I happen to be Living Alone.
I also had a string cheese and several handfuls of M&Ms from the "Get caught doing good" jar. You get one (1) M&M if you do something helpful without being asked, like clean the 1001 smurfs off the living room floor or empty the recycling box (or let the dog out OMFG WHY DID I EVER ALLOW THIS ONE TO COUNT). Mama does a LOT of helpful things without being asked, is all I can say. Like approximately six handfuls' worth.
What the fuck is "cereal mix"? I'm intrigued.
Oh, yeah, it sounds like something salty and yummy, doesn't it? It's not. It's just three different kinds of cereal fixed the usual way (with milk). Dogfood for people.
Yogurt. 2 cheese sticks. A few lousy wheat thins. Some grapes. Then later when I was FUCKING STARVING I had a banana with some peanut butter smeared on it. It was all free(ish) because it came from home.
Yeah, as said above, sushi is not technically Maki rolls unless there is raw fish inside. Which makes me gag, and then I am no fun to be around with everyone is actually staring at me because I just cant quite swallow it and they keep on asking if I am choking because my eyes start to water.
Me, I had breakfast at the diner (for lunch). Scrambled eggs with onions and hot sauce. For the potato I opted for french fries with brown gravy and mozz cheese. (granted I only ate about 4 bites of that, because I made sure to eat all of the eggs first.
$8.95
Man, Five Guys DESERVES to win! LOVE. THAT. JOINT.
I am laughing so freakin' hard at the image of you wrestling with the salad container and stapling the sides down, all with the intent of taking a picture... Oh, Jesus.
Oh, lunch! Um, an organic falafel with wonderful homemade yogurt dill sauce. $7. From a itty bitty local vegetarian place! (Am very proud. And smug.)
Cottage cheese and Doritos.
I know, shameful.
Leftover homemade pizza and a nectarine.
*snore*
But now I want sushi and my chances of getting some are absolutely nil. Damn.
Embarrassed to say...McDonald's cheeseburger and a few fries. The sad part is, I LIKE their cheeseburgers. Maybe tomorrow will be healthier? Maybe.
I don't even REMEMBER what I had for lunch yesterday.
Probably Tums.
I've been eating mostly Tums for a few weeks now...
Chicken burrito bowl from Chipotle - $5 and change.
Also, I'm sending you the pics of Teh Scotch Egg because that's a post right there.
Mmmm Scotch Eggs.
I don't see why you need vitamins when you have all you need in that lunch..except iron, I guess. I disapprove of vitamins, though. Maybe you knew that. We can haz argument?
Lunch yesterday: two spoonfuls of what I guess is called "chili mac" (spaghetti sauce, pasta and hamburger) and a sugar-free Jello pudding cup. Did I mention I was on a (wildly successful but ill-advised) diet? I think I'm the one who needs vitamins.
1. I don't remember what I had for lunch yesterday. Maybe Nutella on wheat bread? Yes, I think that was it. And milk.
2. Today I'm having nothing for lunch; more on this via email.
3. I LOVE "I do not accept your offer, and instead counteroffer with Five Guys." I love this guy.
aaaaand now i want five guys. merde.
today i'm working from home, which means that i'll almost definitely scrounge together a lunch of random shit like lime tostitos, chocolate pudding, and old girl scout cookies.
4657 grain toast with a heathy glob of almond butter smeared ontop, with an added bonus of an additional glob of nutella thrown on, mixed goopily together and washed down with 5 shots of espresso over ice mixed with a splash of silk organic original soy milk. While I guess this is typically my breakfast, I am home all summer with my 3 kids and have been in no hurry to get up at my usual 5:30 for breakfast when I can hang out in my jams till 11:00, so I call that lunch.
Cost: prolly like $3ish. Maybe more if you factor in the cost of espresso beans and the cost of the machine to brew the stuff. (wah wah. Canadian girls love a middle class sob story too!)
lunch will be in the form of snacks before I make a little orange beef and broccoli for dinner. (fistfull of almonds, carrots dipped in extreme garlic hummous, a homemade chocolate chip cookie from the freezer, 8-ish litres of water,an orange and some omega 3 fishy gummies.)
I read this post right before I went to the grocery store, and it spurred me to pick up a pack of California Rolls for lunch, and now I am having painful gas because I can no longer eat California Rolls because the rice causes me pain, which I always forget.
This is all your fault. WOE.
we just got Five Guys where i live...hadn't heard of them before so wasn't sure about the food until i read all the comments! yay - more greasy burger food options :)
Spicy tuna rolls. Seven-ish bucks. And you totally made me do it. And I thank you. :)
OHHH auntie. GO FORTHELOVEOFALLBURGERS GOOOO.
I really have a hard time with lunch. If I buy it, fine. If not I pick the easiest thing I can. I had a hotdog for lunch. Total cost? Home made so approx $.80. Your lunch looks far more yummier!
My favorite lunch (once every few weeks I indulge) is a beef/greek style donair from the local donair shop. $6.00 of bliss.
Post a Comment