Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Cheery

So. Bad day today.

I've been wondering if I'm really ready to start blogging again--if, in my current state, I have anything to say that anyone wants to read, if I have the energy to put into it. I don't know, to be honest. But I've ALSO been thinking a lot about Moxie's advice to "trust your instincts and look for the helpers" in life.

You guys are the helpers. Thank you all so much for your comments and emails.

Here's to a new year and a new start. May we all trust our instincts and find the helpers in 2009.

47 comments:

Petunia Face said...

Dude. It's GOTTA get better. *ppt, ppt* That's me spitting over my shoulder and turning counter clockwise in circles 3x, because you know it can only get worse.

Still. It's gotta get better. Things'll be fine in 2009...

Cheers!
xo,
Susannah

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're having a tough time. It sucks thinking you're over the worst of it and then out of the blue, you're in a bad funk.

Here's to a more happier 2009.

Jess said...

I think the beautiful thing about this is that you only have to put as much energy into it as you have. You know? Like, we all get it and we're all here and happy that you're putting anything out there at all and wanting to help and support. We're so glad you're back.

Happy New Year!

Petunia Face said...

Gah. I meant things can always get worse, not that they will. Frickin' hell, I futzed up this comment big time. A fitting end to a futting year.

Tess said...

HEE. Classic.

Anonymous said...

Sorry things are not good today...but please don't leave us again! We've missed you!!!

Flibberty said...

You do have helpers, lots of 'em and all of us want you to be happy and will send you all the support you can handle. Resilience, you've got it. It's a new year (tomorrow) and you can kick this one to the curb. I love that you're back, in any form.

Becky said...

Wooo so glad I am a slacker....so glad you are back!

bananafana said...

I just finally checked my reader and found you! I agree with the comment that you just put up as much as you feel like, put in as much energy as you want (I keep telling myself that to feel better about being larglely missing from mine). eh well - so glad you're back! you were very very missed

Alice said...

new year and a new start indeed. eff 2008. happy 2009 :-)

Maria said...

Oh my gosh, I came here via Moxie, and I relate so much. Single mom, family and friends unavailable for various reasons, fragile and needing to trust instincts, find helpers…

I'll definitely be following your blog - thank you!

stephanie said...

Oh Tess. I hate that you're feeling so BLECH. I am just echoing all the good comments you've already gotten. We're ALL here, ready to read as much or as little as you're up to putting out there. You have helpers. Tons of us. xoxo.

Erin said...

Oh Tess. Most of us just want to read YOUR story, however you want to write it. IF you want to write it. Also, it's obvious we don't clean out our readers very often, so even if you stop and start a bunch of times, we won't miss a beat.

Swistle said...

Ack, don't tease me, you wench! Write the blech stuff.

Christina Schmidt said...

Dude, I think it is okay for you to be a downer. I would be downer if I were in your boots. Hang in there - things will get better. Writing is always a good way to help me feel better if that helps at all!

Banana said...

I agree with Erin, we just want to read your story, no matter what that is right now.

Fannie said...

Of all the things to worry about? The state of this blog should not be one of them. Happy New Year!

Kelsey said...

I think the great thing is that your "helpers" will be here when you need us and understand when you need to be quiet. We'll welcome whatever you feel like bringing.

Aggie99 said...

So where do I sign up to be a helper??!! And if you still need help with that hundred, I've got more ideas. :) Cheers to 2009. . . it WILL be better.

Mary O said...

Don't feel like you have to be funny all the time for people to want to read your stuff. And don't feel like you have to write every day, either. Takes some of the pressure off.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy I'm a slacker and did not remove MWT from my feeder. Glad to see you back.

LovesBarber said...

We love you. Even if you just want to post about what you ate for breakfast. (hmmm.. that doesn't sound right does it?)

M said...

You know, I'd be willing to bet that almost all of us at some point have written in order to alleviate pain. We whine, we whinge, we gripe, we howl sometimes because you have to purge it.

Isn't that part of the point of a blog? Purging our systems so that we can sort of...ok, well, maybe PRETEND we function like normal people?

Don't give up on us, Tess. We're here for you, whatever you need to write.

Mama Bub said...

I was a reader but not a commenter before. SO glad you're back.

The Gori Wife said...

Thank god for lazy Google Reader deleting!

ccr in MA said...

Happy new year. 2009 WILL be better. Because I said so!

Anonymous said...

I'm totally a helper. I'm like a seeing eye dog or some shit. I'm all about The Helping.

So, I'm thinking we need to see "He's just not that into you." I saw a preview today and it looks like our kind of movie.

See? Helping. It's what I do.

nonsoccermom said...

I agree with all of the above comments and am not a creative independent thinker, so that's about all I can come up with. Agree = check! Here to help = check!

Again, very glad you're back, hope you are feeling better soon.

artemisia said...

Here is sending happiness to you - and only good things in 2009!

Let's help each other, shall we?

Hallie said...

Please don't leave again.

Anonymous said...

YAY it's TRUE.

DUDE. I. HAVE. MISSED. YOU.

LoriD said...

Aw, Tess. It's not all about the funny. It's you and your unique style - of writing and of seeing the world. Your helpers just want to know that you're okay.

Amy said...

We're just happy you're back!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it takes more strength to lean a little.
But lean away, woman. We will be here.

Type (little) a aka Michele said...

First of all congrats, that post was positively emotionally healthy, emotionally BUFF even.

I'm ashamed to admit that I read this yesterday, and it took me this long to post a comment. I have nothing to offer but vaguely supportive words.

Jesus, who's the emotional cripple now? (Hint: ME)

Happy New Year, and once again, here's to flimsy shower rods.

Lex - @laprimera said...

With a not so fond farewell to 2008, wishing you a fabulous 2009! Hope you find your mojo soon.

p.s. and if you're still hunting for facebook friends, drop me an email. :)

Sarah said...

Hah. Emotionally buff.
So glad you're back. And please don't stop writing. We want to hear it all, even if it's painfully unfunny. We've been thinking about you and wondering what's happened in these months- we care. And also are nosy. So please stay here and keep talking!

Anonymous said...

I sent you flight deals to London.

Does that help? :-)

I'm in pain too, Tess....picked up Pink Eye somewhere and woke up with a red, painful, watering eye today. Had to go to the friggin' doctor even.

You feel better now that you can laugh at my misery?

Luv you, man!!! xxxx

Anonymous said...

I sent you flight deals to London.

Does that help? :-)

I'm in pain too, Tess....picked up Pink Eye somewhere and woke up with a red, painful, watering eye today. Had to go to the friggin' doctor even.

You feel better now that you can laugh at my misery?

Luv you, man!!! xxxx

Anonymous said...

Oh...and I had the pleasure of dropping another couple of hundred quid on more DOG CHEMOTHERAPY today.

Life is grand....

Mandy said...

sooooo glad you're back .. no matter WHO you are now;)

Ami said...

I don't know if I've commented since you've come back, but I'm so f'in happy that you're back. I hope you keep blogging.

Anonymous said...

So glad you're back! Here's to better 2009s all around.

Anonymous said...

Dude! I am so happy you are back. I missed your writing so much on that OTHER blog. I hope 2009 is better all around for you. And it's nice to have you back on my "favorites" list...

Kristi said...

Oh I have missed you so! I am so damn glad you decided to blog again.

Here's to a peaceful and happy 2009!

Shelly said...

I AM SOOOO GLAD YOU'RE BACK! This is like Christmas all over again - you and Fiona are both back! Like everyone else, I say that you are free to write or not write anything you feel. You have friends who want to help you in any way we can.

Farrell said...

I want to hear it all; that is, whatever you need to put out for various reasons; bad days are a-okay! God knows we've all had them!