So, listen, you guys. Call me fussy, but HERE is something I am hoping to avoid: this blog coming up as the FIRST FUCKING SEARCH RESULT when someone googles my first name. Which may or may not have been the case with that OTHER blog, which we shall hereafter codename "Tussling With Tussy".
Anyway, despite the best efforts of Red Sox Nation, I still share my name mostly with elderly black ladies, who unfortunately for all of us have a minimal internet presence. As such, I am quite google-able (as an aside, I would like to take this opportunity to ask you all to reconsider your rabid obsession with "unique" names. If I was Jennifer FakeHispanic, I could post a daily nude photo with no threat of retribution and HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT A TOP 10 NAME NOW?).
So. Ahem. My friends and family call me "Tess"--I consider you all friends, possibly due to my tragic lack of the internet security gene, so I'd love it if you all did the same.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

29 comments:
It's so good to have you back!
Wow, I feel like an internet stalker.
Very true on the name Jennifer. I have no qualms in telling people my name used to be Jennifer Bailey. Yeah, Google that bitches.
Glad to see you around, I've missed your postings!
Point taken. And thank you, for giving me ammo to proceed w/ my #1 name choice if we have a girl... which is DEFINITELY in the Top 10.
Our daughter will be lost in a sea of same names and LIKE IT!
Holy crap I totally kept you in my reader just in case you ever came back! YEAH YOU ARE BACK!!! (doing the happy dance :)
PS: Also changed blog names for no good reasons other then disliking the old name and wanting to exclude my son's since I now have two kids rather then just one!
Oh thank god your back! I have missed you ever so much and cannot wait for my daily instalment of Tess. Yippee!!!
I used to think that if I had a twin, her name would be Tess! We're twins! Yay!
Also, looking at Flibberty's comment above, talk about the pot calling the kettle black! Is SHE back?? Just saying.
There are approximately one billion people with my exact maiden name, but I am the top result if you google my married last name. I am first even though I have had this name for 27 fewer years than my husband and a lot fewer years than any of his million aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. Aargh.
So yes, I'm too lazy to update my feed reader. Welcome back!
I kept you in my reader, hoping you'd reappear. Glad you are blogging again!
So glad to see you are back!!! YAY
welcome back! i was beginning to bore myself w/ my sorry attempts at being "tess-like" in my own posts. *sigh* let's just say for the record - i suck! (just ask Aggie99)
I have such a common name it is depressing. Like there are authors and doctors and even people from the Donnor Party with my name!
I'm not even the first person to come up when you Google my name and Chicago!
Got it! As weird as my name is, if you google it, some computer company with the same name takes up the first few pages.
But I must say, now that you're back, my blog is getting all kinds of hits off your profile (probaly not helping that I'm now pointing it out on your blog but whatever)...let me just state for the record, I AM NOT NEARLY AS COOL AS TESS. So if you happen upon my blog, you will be sadly disappointed.
Yeah, that "following" thing is new since last I blogged. BACK IN MY DAY, we didn't have this newfangled shit! HEE.
I can take it off, if you want. OBV I "follow" more blogs than just yours. I don't know what I'm doing, is my point here.
I share my name with some crazy teacher in Alabama area who got arrested for boinking her students. I had to look twice when I heard the name on the news.
I'm a Tess to my friends & family as well - born a Teresa, still Teresa to most people, but Tess to those closest. I will love calling you Tess. Your other name version over at Tussling with Tussy was pretty dang cute, too.
SO glad you're back. :>
My surnames (both maiden and married) are very distinctive and easily searchable. I'm always the ONLY one in the phone book, wherever I live. But my first name is nice and common.
Oh yay! I was excited to see a post from "Tussling" in my reader. I guess I am both lazy and hopeful about removing blogs from my reader.
My real name is totally google-able, so I completely understand. And I found you by being a slacker and never deleting your old blog from my reader...anyway, welcome back!!
It's like a Christmas Miracle. I kept you on my reader just in case... and even signed up for twitter to check in from time to time. Stalker much jess? Anyway, so happy you're here.
Got it. Tess it is. My best friend wants to name her next daughter Tessa. Love both those names!
Well slap my ass and call my Sally.
JesusFudge but we missed you, you big fat bitchface.
Oh my life, HOW I'VE MISSED MY FOUL MOUTHED TEXAN. Squee!
The only other blog I read is Stephanie's (Seriously?) and she updates it...um....never, so YAY - you're back! Look forward to hell-beast posts, as I have a hell-beast of my own. :)
I'm in Mexico, and I'm wasting my time saying YEAH! YOU'RE BACK.
That's huge, FYI.
Oh happy day! A friend actually emailed me to say you were back, in capital letters, and I was so grateful. Yea Tess! Your old place IS still in my google reader, but I hadn't yet checked there when I got the email celebrating your return. Are all these, "Thank god you're back!" messages freaking you out?
Three posts in one day. I'm impressed.
Welcome back, Tess. You have been missed.
If you Google my name, you'll come up with people who are far more interesting than me (recording artists, PR firm owners, party planners).
Post a Comment