Do I have any pictures? Of course not! Pull your head out.
I do have one of the girls at the Expo on Saturday, if you must break the monotony with a visual:

*Back to Dick Mode: do you know that Tosc blames ME for his horrifying eating habits? He says he, and I quote, “only eats what I feed him.” Oh, I’M sorry! And here I thought there was FREE WILL involved! It’s true that I usually pack his lunch, and that I typically cook dinner, but a) he only eats what I pack about half of the time, with the other half evenly split between Chik-fil-a and Taco Bueno and b) there’s a certain amount of…creative application of condiments/side dishes/peripherals happening ON THE REG. For example, he regularly eats chips and salsa while I’m getting dinner ready. He puts ranch on everything, he has bread with most meals, he drinks beer and Dr. Pepper, he declines the side salad that I have with pretty much every dinner, he’ll eat a PB&J before bed, ETFC. And let’s not even DISCUSS going out for dinner, which we do often. So, as you can see, I AM TRYING TO KILL HIM! If it weren’t for me, he would be a regular Michael Pollan! Bah.

19 comments:
When I first got together with my husband (when I was 20! which was...a long time ago), he blamed me for his "getting fat." Because having me around made it a) harder to subsist primarily on chips & salsa and beer (which is the BEST diet EVAR and is SO MUCH BETTER than regular dinners) and b) he couldn't just go for a day-long bike ride whenever he wanted (because I was clinging to his legs as he tried to fight his way out the door? because having a girlfriend is incompatible with regular exercise? it wasn't clear to me, either).
I think it was basically a semi sublimated fight over how he was having to change his habits as a result of being in a relationship.
Also...Sports Beans? I am afraid to ask.
His eating sounds exactly like mine. Oh wait, that's supposed to be a bad thing right?
Congrats on the half marathon!
ETFC. might be the best thing I've read all week.
My husband recently made a comment that he was 'just going to give up trying to lose any weight' because I mentioned that we would be having leftover hot dogs for dinner (I grilled regular and light - and he chose the regular). I told him that home was not where his problem was - it was the eating out for lunch or eating a whole bag of chips at home that should have lasted our family a few days. I refrained from saying that SOMEHOW I'd gone through 2 pregnancies, gaining 50-60 pound each, and had lost every bit of it TWICE....all the while he has gained 25-30 pounds during our marriage. I'm holding on to that for the next time he makes a crack about his weight being my fault.
Laura
Awesome! And congrats! Do you have any advice on running half-marathons? I'm running my first this Sunday! Very nervous about it.
Raegan-Uh. Respect the distance? Slash YOU CAN DO IT?
FWIW, we were not especially prepared (our longest run was 11 miles, almost 3 weeks before the race) and we did fine.
Good luck at your race!
Thanks! And that IS good to know! My longest distance is 11 miles at this point. Of course, my biggest fears are a)finishing in 5 hours or more and b) being trampled (to death? I don't know). Completely reasonable fears, eh?
Yay Tess! And yay for Tosc too. I've probably mentioned (on each and every post that you've mentioned running) that my dad was a marathon runner, and I do love those expos. I mean, WTF? _I'm_ not a runnah.
Also, my husband is within 4-5 lbs of his high school weight at all times, and he eats like CRAP. I'm within... MORE THAN 4-5 lbs of my high school weight and I eat like a normal person. AS IN: I eat green things that grow in the ground on the reg. SIGH. I just hope my girls get HIS genes. (His whole family is like that. Bean poles that eat like crap.)
"If it weren’t for me, he would be a regular Michael Pollan!" HA!
Congrats!!!!
I just love "the girls." Oh, I do hope they always love each other the way they do now. I can't believe how big Ava is!
OH, to be blamed for others' CHOICES. So awesome! Oh, Tosc.
Oh yeah, Bryan RARELY eats what I cook and more often comes home with a pizza (stuffed crust) for dinner. He gave up fast food for Lent (defined as any place that has a drive thru so Subway is acceptable) and has managed to gain two pounds. That vending machine lunch/dinner at the office is not working out so well for him.
When he got home at 3am this morning, he ate some pop tarts. I don't care if it is busy season, that's just WRONG.
H told me it was my fault he gained weight because I didn't do enough to stop him from buying unhealthy foods. !!!
Congrats to you and Tosc on the half-marathon!
When you aren't busy with your husband and 3 kids, we should hang some time. ETFC! LOVE.
i love the pics of all three girls together. SO CUTE!
now that i'm living with the bf, i'm just waaaiiiiting to hear something about the eating/cooking/food situation, which will be HILARIOUS, because he eats ONLY PROCESSED CRAP unless i cook for him. so like, hot pockets, doritos, frozen chicken nuggets, and crystal lite for dinner. except now that i cook, he eats real food, just ENORMOUS QUANTITIES of it. this will totally end well.
Love the picture! I think that is the longest * I have seen. heh
ETFC is my new favorite thing lol
And my bf eats only crap, too (unless I/we cook a real meal... which happens only once or twice a week).
He comes home from work on his lunch break and EVERY SINGLE DAY he eats 3 microwavable frozen chicken patties (which he refers to as "giant chicken nuggets"). And he never ever ever gains weight.
Congratulations on the race! And HA about the food...
See, now I feel like a total slacker. The very idea of running a marathon fills me with DREAD. And here are people with eating habits as shitty as mine ON TOP OF KNEE REPLACEMENTS doing it.
Go Tosc!!
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sex on legs so tight at that age
Post a Comment