Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Writey Writey Write

I really feel like writing here, if we're being honest, I just can't think of any kicky topics. So, I guess I'll just do that thing where I start writing and see what happens. Good times for all.

I am experiencing some type of Anger of Unknown Origin lately. What the FUCK is that about? I'm taking guesses. You guys always have been wicked smaht when it comes to My Deal. Nothing in particular is specifically rage-inducing, at least no more than average. Some minor(ish) beefs:

*I cannot stand any of the "outdoor"-type work required to maintain my house. I do not want to mow, or weed, or sweep, or trim hedges or clean gutters, or maintain the pool, or WHATTHEFUCKEVER. I don't mind outsourcing this stuff, but I can't afford to outsource ALL of it, and I feel bad pressing Tosc into service when he has his OWN house to take care of. Plus, it's not his responsiblity anyway. It's mine. BAH. I am SO the type of single person who belongs in a high rise somewhere.

*I miss cooking. It makes no sense, financially or otherwise, to cook the types of meals I used to cook when I was married for just Ava and me. And Tosc is a picky motherfucker who grew up in a house where they ate out all of the time and is therefore accustomed to eating EXACTLY what he feels like eating, and only that, for any given meal.

*It has come to the time of year when I begin to have panicky, get-me-the-fuck-out-of-Texas moments. The WEATHER, you guys. The hateful, anti-Obama bullshit. SIGH. I'm afraid I've lost my chance to leave, though. At least anytime soon. Not the end of the world, but still: sad. (SLASH PANICKY).

*Carlos informed me a few weeks ago that he was "moving in with his fiancee". Um. Okay. I should note that I don't actually BELIEVE this, at least not the part about getting married, but this is a fun little example of his brand of bullshit. He has followed up by not speaking a single solitary word to me since. Good times. Good times.

27 comments:

LoriD said...

With his finacee? That's a little messed up.

I don't like the outdoor work either. Unfortunately, neither does Homer, so our yard/gardens/pool are looking a little grim.

Aggie99 said...

Blah, sucks! Sorry about all of that. I HATE outdoor work too, although I must admit I get a sick sense of satisfaction after I've pulled all the weeds in our flower bed.

Here's a little product promo, not that you asked for it...Lowes has some mulch/wood chip crap that is supposed to keep your flower beds weed-free for six months. We put it down in June and so far, the stuff has worked great. We get the occasional weed, but that's much better to deal with than the jungle we used to have in the beds.

Jess said...

Um, I snickered a little when I read the thing about the fiancee. Because WOW such an obvious attempted power play. I hooked up with this guy for awhile when I was 19 and then it ended and then he started going on about how he wanted to date me? And when I didn't reciprocate he announced that he was getting married. Which was a lie, obvi.

MY POINT IS, apparently we're all still 19 around here? Which is, you know, AWESOME. And perhaps slightly rage-inducing?

Mary O said...

Sounds like life's got you down, chica! Prescription: vacation! But not a sight-seeing touristy vaction... a lay on the beach and DO NOTHING vacation. It always helps.

She Likes Purple said...

Yeah, I can't leave Texas either but I think about leaving every DAMN DAY, my god, it's 96 degrees and nearly fall. HOOOOOW?

Also, I try my very best to understand all opinions. Takes many people to make this world go round but not allowing your child to hear a speech on education because ... the President is Democrat? Yeah, I don't get that. I hope I always give my son enough credit to make up his own mind about things like that. They may be in elementary school, but these kids still have brains and can decide what they think about the words our President spoke.

I'm ranting! Sorry!

mandy said...

I don’t mind outdoor work, but if I lived in TX I most definitely would!

I totally sympathize on the cooking situation. I’m usually home alone at night and it’s not worth the $20-$30 bucks to buy the stuff to make the meal. I also worry about my cooking skills getting rusty.

I don’t know how you’ve managed to tolerate TX politics for so long. I wish Adam’s family would just move there and leave me alone! If you’ve logged onto Facebook recently you’ll know what I mean. He comes from a long line of crazy.

Nowheymama said...

Cook something and freeze half or two-thirds of it for another meal. *I* am totally bad at this, but my neighbor is a champ at always having something to pull out of the freezer for dinner.

As for the fiancee thing...I'm speechless.

Alice said...

oh of course, his FIANCEE. honestly, if it's true? it's almost even better, because WOW DESPERATE MUCH? ;-P

-R- said...

I hate outside work too. H claims to love it each spring, but then he NEVER DOES IT. So then I beg him to finally take care of the yard, and then he refuses to do it because I am "nagging." OMG. I HATE OUR YARD.

Recruiters sometimes call me about job openings in Texas, and I have to stop and remind myself that I dislike certain aspects (heat, politics, Bible-thumping) too much to move there.

artemisia said...

Fiancee, huh? Regardless, I hope he has been judicious in who he has decided to introduce Ava to. (That sentence was so grammatically awful. This one two. I will stop now.)

artemisia said...

Fiancee, huh? Regardless, I hope he has been judicious in who he has decided to introduce Ava to. (That sentence was so grammatically awful. This one two. I will stop now.)

Fay said...

Yes, that is totally a power play. He hates that you are dating someone and happy, so nyah nyah nyah!

Is her name Tammy? Oh please let it be Tammy.

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I can't stop laughing at Fay's comment: "Is her name Tammy?"

Too funny.

Carlos is obviously miserable that you're happy, so he's trying to one-up you in a desperate ploy that you will tell him: "YOU WIN."

Stupid men and their "always having to win" crap.

Caroline C. Bingham said...

Already with the fiancee? *cough*manwhore*cough*

Shelly said...

Wow. Fiancee, huh? Sad little man.

Mama Bub said...

The moving in with the fiance isn't necessarily anger inducing, but the OUTRIGHT LIE and, as Jess says, power play, is. Gah. Men.

hobbychanger said...

Did he tell you they were engaged before he announced they were moving in together? Or did they both come at kind of the same time? I know it's automatic (at least in my state) in a joint-parenting agreement that you cannot live with anyone else unless you are engaged to that new person. My thought? If they came at the same time, they aren't really engaged & he needs someone to live with to drive crazy.

Melissa said...

I am like Tosc in that respect. I hate Thanksgiving for that very reason. I am NEVER in the mood for a Turkey dinner on Thanksgiving. However I am all about the appetizers.

As for Carlos, he could be engaged. Some men just cant stand not to be married. My ex-husband was married within 3 months of our divorce. And our divorce WAS quick! (I lived in Las Vegas at the time, you can get divorced as quickly as you can get married there)

SLynnRo said...

That last one is pretty hilare to me. Does that make me a bad person?

Kat said...

Ahh man, this has been the mildest summer in years, quit the hatin'!

Fiance, hmmm... that is very interesting...

Lindsee said...

You know, I love Texas and all but yeah all the Obama hating is getting sickening. Its just a bit over the top already. Like him, Don't like him, I don't care but stop with the playa hatin'.

Swistle said...

I am guessing the Anger of Unknown Origin is connected to the Carlos Bullshit.

Michele said...

Carlos is having regular sex? And he's still cranky? WTF?

Type (little) a aka Michele said...

Oh god here I go again with the multiple accounts. Sorry, didn't mean to comment from the ihatetessie.com profile.

amber said...

Ugh. Carlos=mean. Unnecessarily. As though he needed to share that detail? I hope you had a pithy comeback.

Feel better!

MsPrufrock said...

I have you beaten - I love the idea of a big yard which is beautifully landscaped, but I sure as heckfire do not want to MAINTAIN it. Hells naw. I have absolutely no interest in getting down on my hands and knees on a hot day pulling weeds and digging through dirt. When I actually have a yard someday I am so paying someone to do all of that shit for me.

On an unrelated note - you need to blog more. I don't care what you have to say; I have no idea I'll find it the most hilarious thing I would have read all day.

Farrell said...

He's getting married already???! Sheesh. My ex is getting married too - barf. Couple of questions:
have you met her? Have you even HEARD of her before? Has Ava met her? does she say anything about the chick?
Disagree with commenter amber (respectfully of course), but yes, Tess does need to know any change in living situation and/or marital status considering her daughter lives some of the time (50%?) with Carlos.

To your other points:
I HEAR you on yardwork. I pay a neighbor boy to do my lawn and it is SO WORTH IT. Because it can get pretty unbearable here in St. Louis summertime humidity starting at SEVEN AM - ridiculous. I try to weed, but usually end up doing it only when it gets so out of control it even starts bugging ME (which means it started bugging neighbors MONTHS before as they are all retirees). If I don't get around to it, I give lawn boy $10 extra to do it.

Cooking. Ugh. Me too. Esp. because my child is WORLD'S PICKIEST EATER HANDS DOWN DO NOT EVEN TRY TO ARGUE WITH ME and so I can only MAKE like 4 things for her ANYWAY, and if I ate fish sticks and pizza and chicken nuggets every night for dinner, i'd be the size of a house.