First Monday just WOULD NOT DO this year, what with it being a vacation day/bank holiday. Plus, I was home alone with Ava up my ass all day long and so posting was totally laughable. I could barely check email. Do your (school-aged) kids...CLING like that all goddamn day long? What am I doing WRONG here?
Anyway.
I, for one, am ready for a healthkick. The holidays seemed really...LONG this year. I feel, as Tosc likes to say, "polluted."
So! WTF am I prepared to do about it, you ask?
1) In 2012 I am not going to eat chips. Tortilla, potato, or otherwise. Yeah, I said it. Doing this one thing has the potential to cut out about HALF of the junk food I eat. Don't start with your "unreasonable" hand-wringing, either (TOSC). It IS reasonable. I have a track record of success with removing both pop and gluten completely from my diet, and both of those changes have been completely worth it. It's gonna be hard, though. Make no mistake.
2) Do more sprinting. I sucked at this in 2011 (I focused mostly on strength training and didn't do much else).
3) In 2011 I resolved to First Do No Harm, and that has been so key. I want to continue to avoid injury at all costs.
Just overall, my physical health is increasingly important to me as I get older. Tosc and I know several people our age (mid-30s FTLOG) who have a laundry list of medical problems and just a crappy quality of life. I am DESPERATE to avoid that. Don't even get me STARTED on being REALLY old.
So, that's the physical health stuff. Pretty lame this year. If you know of any delicious new products in the chip family, keep yer mouth shut, will ya?
Non-physical resolutions tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
i try to stay Very Far Away from potato chips / dorito variety deliciousness, but i consider salsa "healthy" and thus tortilla chips must remain in my rotation.
i am an excellent self-justifier.
My 4.5 year old definitely clings when we're home together- makes me nuts!!
Happy New Year!!!
But you can eat KALE chips, right?!
http://family.go.com/blog/catherinewman/kale-chips-989169/
You said pop. Heh.
Good luck on the chip front! Chips are one of the things I love to eat, but always make me feel slightly queasy afterwards.
Oooo, kale chips, GOOD CALL. As long as they're not a Gateway Drug I guess. I'm thinking no.
Heh, Gateway Drug. Probably. This would be an excellent resolution for me, as well but I cannot IMAGINE.
GOOD LUCK, and I mean that very sincerely.
Yay for first Mon-Tuesday!
I do not think kale chips would be cheating.
A. works in a private practice clinic, and damn if that hasn't motivated the both of us to get our asses of the couch and start taking care of ourselves. There is a good way to grow old, and a very, very bad way.
Kale chips are TOTALLY NOT a gateway drug. Unless it is to the big bad world of roasted & salted veggies.
No chips? No "Pop" (WTF? Pop? You live in Texas woman!) next you'll be telling us you laid the beer down and then we'll have to have you committed because we will know you have gone insane!
Oh, please update us on the Kale Chips. (I can hardly imagine.) I admire your bravery in giving up the chips...I...do not have that sort of desire for health and longevity, I do not think.
I love Nik Nak's comment above.
Good luck with your resolutions!
Oh H stuck with his crazy health kick all through 2011 and is going to continue it in 2012, and now he wants ME to do a crazy health kick. NOOOOOO!
This has been your -R- family crazy health kick update.
Post a Comment