Monday, January 9, 2012

Grievances

Holy hell, am I ever foul today. I'm getting over a fucking COLD, FTLOG. I haven't been sick in YEARS. I never get sick! This is some bullshit! Yeah, I've been stressed out for like 9 months and chronic stress is the one thing guaranteed to royally fuck my immune system, WHAT OF IT?

I can't motivate to go on a proper healthkick and Tosc and I are going on a cruise in April and I would really like to pull my shit together and address this Middle Class Sob Story.

I need to make a GYN appointment to see if IUD-related hormones are the reason I want to RIP EVERYONE'S FUCKING HEAD OFF all the time but I'm busy as hell at work and also if it IS the IUD, then what I am going to DO about it? Huh? Get it removed? THEN WHAT?

Tosc works on Friday AND Saturday and we (I) have the girls. I can't seem to find a way to discuss this topic without looking like a selfish asshole. I AM a selfish asshole, because the only thing I'm able to think about lately is how Tosc's schedule affects ME ME ME.

Two of my good friends are divorcing each other. I feel a sense of dread that we are now entering The Divorce Years. Also, marriage is IMPOSSIBLE and it CANNOT BE DONE.

I got a catty email from a female colleague and my career's going nowhere and I'm wasting my life/talents (SUCH AS THEY ARE) being a CPA. Writing on my blog used to be easy and fun and now...THIS SHIT.

Other than that, though, aces. You?

18 comments:

Lee said...

YEP.

Swistle said...

This post not only made me laugh but also gave me huge waves of thinking you're super-fantastic. I love, love, love venty posts.

Aggie99 said...

I feel like we've been in The Divorce Years for a few years now. Encouraging, I know.

I would say eat a chip. It makes all things better but I want to keep my head for a bit longer. :)

Melissa said...

I have to agree, LOVE the venting posts (from all bloggers, but YOURS most especially). I feel the need to tell you exactly how my life is just as bad, if not worse than yours, just to make you feel better and be happy you are not me!

I will say that I understand completely about blending families and drama and selfishness and careers going absolutely nowhere and throw in a few college kids f'ing up their lives on our dime, well, it's REAL fun around these parts. So, yeah, keep the vents coming. Helps me feel better that it's not just me in a shitty phase of life. Because it's just a phase, yes?

~phew~ that felt good. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I don't think it's all YOU YOU YOU about having the girls while Tosc is working. That would feel pretty unbalanced. Is there any feasible solution you could suggest that makes it seem less like whining and more constructive? Like for the duration of his training could y'all swap the custody schedule somehow? Or is there something he could do in advance of his absence to make having all 3 girlies less stressful for you?

Anyhow, hope you can get out of this funk soon. :)

Shannon said...

Non-hormonal IUD! Paraguard, I think it's called.

Jess said...

ARGH. I agree, I was going to suggest the copper IUD as well. I have the Mirena and have had no side effects, but I know people who do get side effects often like the copper.

Sorry things are so annoying. If it helps, reading this post made me less grumpy. Though why would ME being less grumpy help, because it's all YOU YOU YOU? Am I right?

Melospiza said...

I feel ya. Though the Divorce Years beat the Death Years anytime. How do you put it? Bright spots! Right?

Fay said...

Is Tosc taking off the daytime hours this Saturday, as previously discussed? Please tell me he is.

Tess said...

He's not taking off, because it's a rotation in a different city (part of his paramedic training) and not his JOB job, so he can't get out of it. Bah.

In his defense, he has taken off the day portion of every other shift going forward (although this same thing will happen again in two weeks when we have the kids). TRYING NOT TO PRE-STEW.

g~ said...

I started feeling ANGRY after about 4 years of my beloved IUD. I yanked that shit right out and feel MUCH BETTER. Of course, husband had his stuff snipped so we were just hedging our bets against a medical TRAGEDY with the double layer of protection.
Gah, I would love a good vent but cannot find the proper place nor the time to string together coherent sentences. (Yet oddly, I have PLENTY of time to read yours and others...)

Nik-Nak said...

I would be MORE than a selfish asshole in the situation with Tosc and the children. Geez what are you a babysitter? (See, worse than selfish asshole) Therefore, I totally see where you are coming from. And there is no logical/easy fix which makes it way worse.
So I feel for you if that helps (it probably makes you want to just rip my head off though)

Ami said...

Yep, Paragard. I have have it, love it.

Mandy said...

SERENITY NOW!

Maggie said...

Ah man the urge to vent would be the only reason I'd start a blog. I can't do this of course because the things I'd really like to vent about would be my job and my family and there's no question that given my luck either my co-workers or my family or both would find the blog and it would all go to hell in a handbasket. So instead I vent here.

My job is a piece of crap and there is not any escape for a number of reasons and I hate it with a fiery passion these days.

I'd feel irritated as hell if I was in your current child custody situation as well. I know it's not forever, but that doesn't mean it's not irritating as hell while it's going on. Vent away!

Finally, I've also been in the divorce years for awhile, but I will say that all three of the couples who have divorced were ones that it was readily apparent at their weddings that they shouldn't have been getting married so they haven't really been world rockers for me. There are some couples we know that would really cause me to feel like marriage DOESN'T WORK AGGHH!1! if they got divorced but so far they remain married. So I haven't had to cross that bridge yet.

MaryB said...

Ditto and Amen. And Tueday aint been no bettah.

F!

Alice said...

i am pretty shocked that i haven't had any divorces yet, but now that i'm in my 30s it's pretty much inevitable. there has been the DEATH of a friend's husband though, which is pretty awful. hopefully no more of that for a LONG TIME.

artemisia said...

Paraguard (copper IUD). LOVE. IT.

I cannot imagine the stress and ickiness of being stuck with lots of kids by myself. (And who are we kidding - those blended kids are always "the other" kids, yes? And I am an "other kid." It is not assholey, but it is a mentality, I think.)

I would have a hard time not stewing (and PRE-STEWING - awesome!) about how fucking unfair it is on me and my time and my sanity.

You can make yourself crazy, here.

When I find myself in these situations, I just tell myself that I have to ACCEPT THIS SHIT, that life is sometimes TOTAL SHIT, and to get over it. Just deal with it. It is like cleaning the toilet. Horrible, but must be done.

Then I feel less angry about having my entitled little existence inconvenienced.

It works sometimes.