Ugg, I am so overwhelmed right now, you guys! We are still trying to move stuff from Tosc's house, and get it ready to be sold, and pack all of his shit (the man is a raging T-SHIRT HOARDER) into my (our) house, and Ava's birthday party is this Saturday and we're going to MN next week and our cruise is in six weeks and FUUUUCK.
This is exactly why I am not an overscheduler. I just...shut right down. For example, we have boxes all over the house, and I haven't gone grocery shopping for Ava's party yet, and so last night (the last night before we have the kids all weekend) we buckled down and...watched like 5 consecutive episodes of Cash Cab. DAMMIT BOBBY.
Bee tee dubs, am I the only one who simply CANNOT MOTIVATE between the hours of 6 and 9 on weekdays? I keep hearing all of these moms complain about "coming home to the second shift" of laundry and cleaning and whatthefuckever and I'm all "HUH"? I don't do SHIT after work during the week, and I don't understand people who do. I mean, I'll cook dinner and clean up, but that is IT. The rest of the evening pretty much boils down to wine and Cash Cab. I'm tired, ftlog! What is wrong with you people? Sit the fuck DOWN once in a while, you're making me nervous.
Welp, now I'm just rationalizing. But, what is the blog good for, if not that? I ask you.
PS-speaking of making me nervous, my friend Aggie has a somewhat...ALARMING level of interest in the whole Twilight thing, and despite the fact that I am Team Jacob and she is Team Edward, and that she fails to support my position that Taylor Lautner is one of the hottest guys EVER TO WALK THE EARTH, I shall nevertheless encourage you to vote for her video in the Vitamin Water Eclipse contest on Facebook, if you are so inclined.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

16 comments:
I am so relieved to hear that other people do not go home and clean their entire houses every day. At my house we will maybe get some laundry done to the point of being clean and folded on the floor (current clean on the floor laundry has been there 3 days and counting, though). And usually we make dinner (although sometimes we go out because it's easier). But mostly I want to just sit and relax. I always feel guilty, and like I'm some sort of huge slacker when I hear people talk about all the stuff they do when they get home. WTF people?
Okay, I knew after exchanging emails yesterday you had alot on your plate but I didn't realize you had THAT much. So an extra special thank you for pimping me out on your blog. You're the bestest! :)
And I wish I could come home and just sit. Bryan seems to have no problem. I can't help but buzz about, as he likes to call it.
And to you readers and supporters of Tess, please take a few seconds to go vote. If only to get a good laugh and have something/someone to make fun of for a minute or two. :) And also because I would like to try and get into the top five videos...preferable ahead of the dude...DO IT FOR TESS! I'm sure it will make her feel better. Okay, probably not but worth a try right?
Every night I do meal prep for the next day, and maybe do some dishes. And I usually either play with B in the backyard or take him to the park. It doesn't seem like a lot now that I think about it, but it takes a lot of time.
I haven't folded or put laundry away for probably 3 months though, so it's not like I'm Holly Housewife.
I am either on the ball and get a shitload of stuff done between 6 - 9 (RARE) or am totally worthless.
The super shitty thing is I have to come home and try to work on The Thesis during those hours. SUCKS ASS.
Who cares if there are a few boxes around during the birthday party? They can provide more impromptu seating.
Once in a while I will do something besides make and eat dinner between 6 and 9 (go to the grocery! do a load of laundry!) and I will feel like a Supermax HERO.
The thing is, I STILL call that time my second shift. I have to answer questions! I have to organize my brain enough to get out plates and put food on them! I have to show appreciation for coloring jobs and knock knock jokes! Please! That shit is hard work!
Personally, I have to spend a few nights wasting time and berating myself before I finally get the motivation to do whatever task is looming over my head. Hopefully it will work out the same for you!
Hubby is a t-shirt hoarder, too. Every 5k he runs (several a year) yields a "free" t-shirt (for only the $25 entry fee). It seems like all he wears on the weekends are race shirts.
From dinner until my son's bedtime, we play with him. After he goes to bed, laundry, lunches, etc. happens.
I think Jason owns over 100 t-shirts; I'm not even exaggerating. Men!
For the birthday party, I bet the kids won't even notice the boxes unless they're empty, because then, HEY! Empty boxes to play with!
I don't do a whole hell of a lot from 6-9 either. We'll either go for a run or do some yardwork (mow/weed), and then we'll probably go to bed early because JESUS. That's a lot of work after working all day, you know?
PSH NO. hell, i don't usually get HOME until 8p with all the other crap i've got going on, and all i'm capable of by then is shoving some unhealthy dinner in my piehole and watching my dvr.
Homer is a t-shirt hoarder too - funny that they're mostly plain grey, black or white!
Between 6 and 9, it's pretty much all about the kids - chauffeuring, feeding, bathing, reading, etc. Very rarely after 9 will I do any housework - I would rather relax and get up early. Most of my housework happens between 6 and 7 AM.
My husband has 4 dresser drawers, two of which are filled with nothing but t-shirts. Sheesh
thank you, thank you, thank you for admitting this...
I hate doing anything when I get home from work that resembles...work (chores included).
I'm a stay at home mom and I still don't do anything between 6 and 9pm other than make dinner. Hubby puts kids to bed and cleans up after dinner so I sit my ass at the computer or on the couch.
Thank you for admitting you watch Cash Cab.
Ditto.
I too am a Team Jacob, having been forced by eldest daughter to go see the movie..when forced equals dragged...but anyway, I felt creepy like a pedofile, he's so darned HOT.
SSSSSZZZZZZZZZ.
Is it too much that I put a poster on my bedroom wall? Thought not.
I thought I was the only person on the planet Earth who was Team Jacob. Edward is just too complicated. Although Jacob IS a werewolf so there's that.
I am a week night cleaner! Because I actually feel semi-motivated on the weekdays and we ALWAYS have something going on during the weekends so I don't have the opportunity.
AND.....we just watched two hours of cash cab last night. Love that show!!!
IMO the second-shifters are just complaining because their husbands don't life a finger to help the kids in any way. I do laundry during the week, but only a couple of critical loads and just because it's too depressing to give the whole weekend over to it.
Once you have to pack school lunches and worry about homework, it does seem like there is more work to be done at night, yet somehow it's easier to do more because the kid is bigger and can handle more on their own. So, throwing in a load of laundry doesn't seem as daunting as it did when you were changing diapers, getting up at night, or just picking up after a toddler all.the.time.
At least, this is my theory.
Post a Comment