
They call each other "the sissies," and if that's not the cutest thing you've EVAH heard, then I would like to present you with your very own Platinum Emotional Cripple Card. We've been dating since they were all two, so they really don't remember otherwise. (Tangent: 3 hot pink car seats, GAH. Tosc's ride is quite the ManMobile.)
Q: How did the exes take the news?
A: Pretty well, all things considered. Tosc and his ex-wife have a much better relationship than Carlos and I do. They actually, you know, TALK ON THE PHONE and shit. Which is great. She was very gracious. Carlos, not so much. Pretty standard reaction from him (he said, and I quote, "Well, I'm sure you have your motives! [ed: such as...?? wtf] Poor [Tosc]! Hope he figures it out sooner rather than later!"). Ah well. He'll be fine. He doesn't do well with sudden movements out of the corner of his eye. I'm sure it's all very shady and probably a secret government conspiracy to take him down in his mind. Heh.
Q: So, how did that healthkick go, anyway?
A: 
(photo credit: duh).

28 comments:
we went on an alaskan cruise last summer (a coupla different stops than yours). great fun! shoot me questions if you feel so inclined.
That Carlos is such a charmer! Too bad things didn't work out with him, huh?
Also, I think it is possible to have two of three triplets be identical. Thinking this through, there would be two eggs, both would get fertilized, and one would split. Sounds highly unlikely but scientifically possible, yes?
Yes, I'm sure it IS possible. It's just funny, you can almost SEE people trying to do the math in their heads. Like, ARE they triplets, and if not, is she young enough to be 10 months YOUNGER than the other two, and if so OMG. Ha.
I think I might actually BE an emotional cripple and those are the cutest little girlies I have seen.
The triplet/siblings thing reminded me that I dated a guy in college who was only 10 months older than his younger brother. After I had a baby I finally realized just how f-ing insane his mom must have been to get pregnant a month after having a baby. In. Sane.
I'm really late to the party here, but congratulations! Though I was NOT surprised, btw. Classic Tess move here, with the quickie wedding on the fly. The honeymoon sounds fabulous, and I am super jealous, as I will be a grumpy, sweltering, nine months' pregnant beast come September. Wanna trade?!
I went on a cruise to the Caribbean for my honeymoon, which is totally NOT what you asked, but it was one of the best vacations ever. Second only to Disneyworld last month. :-)
De-lurking to say congrats, incredibly cute girls, and take the cheap-o bus out to Mendenhall Glacier in Juneau. That was my favorite thing we did last summer other than the expensive zip line thing we did in Ketchikan. Don't buy tickets through the cruise line, there's no reason for that. Just find a kiosk and buy them yourselves. You can also get really close to a bald eagle if you take the Mount Roberts tram. That's a pretty cheap-o thing also.
Coming out of commenting hibernation here. I know - I suck.
In Skagway go directly to The Skagway Brewing Company for spruce tip ale and beer-cheese soup. I still dream of the stuff. We went for lunch and my BIL and I were so obsessed that we dragged the husband and SIL back for another round before we had to get on the ship.
Two words - Alaskan Amber. And two more - Alaskan Pale.
So besides the beer, (seriously, is there any doubt why I am one of your bff??) go on a whale cruise. For me, one of the most incredible experiences in my life.
Oh yeah - and I LOVE the sissies!!! That is greatness. They are so cute. :)
We went on an Alaskan cruise a few summers ago. The best thing that we did was kayaking. FWIW, I am NOT an active/outdoorsy person at all and I loved it. This was the day after a particularly wicked bout of seasickness, and it was still awesome. It was in Ketchikan, but I know they have tours out of Skagway also. It rained on us the entire time and I loved it. Again, NOT OUTDOORSY.
Also, leaving out of Seattle presents you with more opportunities for rough water. If you're prone to seasickness, be prepared.
LOVE it!!
Never been on an Alaskian cruise . . . always wanted (and still do) to go! So excited for you and Tosc!
The girls are adorable! I think it's great they are the same age!
The girls are so, so adorable! And I love how Ava is smiling so big in every photo.
I haven't yet done the Alaska cruise, but by all accounts of friends who have, it is breathtakingly gorgeous.
I am in Seattle and can offer a ton of ideas and restaurant recommendations for here (and some for Victoria).
Those girls are adorable, by the way, and Carlos has his own motives for being an ass.
Oh Carlos, that man never fails to put a smile on my face. Can we say "projection"?
Are we making bets on how fast he'll marry his girlfriend to get even?
The sissies! How adorbs!
Now you have to change the "About Me" section on your blog!:)
There is NOTHING cuter than those three little girls together.
I can't even tell you (because it'd be creepy) how happy this marriage thing makes me. It just seem so RIGHT, right? And I would know because I READ YOUR BLOG. Geez. As if that qualifies me to have such a strong emotional reaction to this news. But whatev. It makes me all happy happy.
And the sissies? *swoon*
God Love the "sissies" thing. Too frickin cute for words.
That Carlos (I originally typed Carol, but I corrected it - because I'm like that- although it seems fitting) he's vying for the X's hall of fame. Unless of course he wants to appear on Dateline first.
Wow, lovely children! Let them be triplets, why not FTLOG.
Trust Carlos to get a good flick in there. Yikes, what a turd. You can tell him I said that.
I just noticed that the "sissies" (LOVE that) are wearing identical outfits in the carseat photo, too. Obviously, they ARE triplets. Ava just takes after her mom more.
And I like how Carlos might think your getting married is a secret gov't conspiracy to take him down. It could be, you know! You have MOTIVES, after all!
omg. Laughing my ass off at the fail whale. That is exactly how my own health kick is going.
Oh, those girls! They are so sweet! How wonderful that they all now are a set of triplet kick-ass sisters who will always, always have each others back. That is AWESOME.
I have three sisters and it is the best thing in the world.
And yay for you!
It IS possible to have identical twins and a fraternal! Just ask my friend who wanted just another baby after her first turned 2. Good times!
BTW, have Tosc have his twins tested, because they dont look identical to me. Kind of an expert in my dealing with twins. Of course they look ALIKE.
Oh, those girls are KILLER CUTE! And Carlos...poor, poor Carlos. I'm with type little a that he'll get married to get even. What an ass.
I never quite got the whole flicker analysis. Now I get it totally! How gracious of Carlos to provide such a great example for us slow learners.
Interestingly enough, I think that your ex and my ex would make a delightful pairing. The conspiracies that they could imagine might just have the makings for an Oscar winning drama someday.
On a perkier note, your girls are adorable, no denying that fact.
Post a Comment