This week Ava is Star of the Week. Her teacher called to tell me on Friday. But, it wasn't my weekend with her, and today and tomorrow are not my days. She had to make her poster over the weekend, and bring it today, along with her favorite book and snack.
I texted Carlos on Friday, "Let me know if I can help, let me know if you need pictures".
Silence.
I know he made her a poster. He is good with that shit (it's probably covered in Red Sox crap, ARGG).
Still. Star of the Week, ya know?


15 comments:
aww :-( on the one hand, it's nice that he's involved enough to handle making the poster (my bff's ex would totally just send the kid in empty handed, because he's a douchenut). on the other hand, SUCK SUCK SUCK.
JD would have sent her in empty handed too, I'm sure, so at least he did one for her, but STILL.
Sorry Tess. That is suck-ish. There's always next year, and a million other things too.
I'm imagining having a Star of the Week program at work. During my week, everyone would eat pretzels and string cheese for snack. Office social activity would not revolve around the football pool, for once. Instead we would...all go for a hike? And that's where it starts to break down, because having everyone at my work come with me on a hike on my lunch break is NOT my idea of a good time. Instead, a sign on the door: "I'm Star of the Week! Leave me the @#* alone!"
Anyhow, that was a pathetic attempt at humorous distraction from the fact that the situation there is TX sucks. Sorry. And good for you for being Big. And not, you know, making a rival Star of the Week poster. Heh.
Ok first of all, while I'm sure the SOTW thing is great for the kiddos, you have to bring a snack in?? To daycare that you pay for? Fuck that! Let them buy their own snacks! I'm pissed enough that Bud has a monthly snack day in kindergarten. I'm not bringing shit to daycare unless it's my kid's birthday.
Um....anyway. Sorry Carlose is an asshat
Yeah. This would definitely be one of the parts of joint custody that sucks. Sorry.
Yeah, I'll throw in with everyone else who says that at least Carlos is involved and caring enough to handle a SOTW poster. My dad would have been HELPLESS at that shit. Hubby would shock the shit out of me and pull a kick ass poster together. Still, it sucks for you. I feel for ya, babe.
Aw, I can see how that would be hard to miss out on.
She is heart-stoppingly cute.
*Hi, Ava!* *waving back*
wow ...not much notice, huh?
Sorry you had to miss that. But still - Star of the Week! Yay!
Aw... I hope Carlos had at least one picture of you on there. That would be the grown-up thing to do.
Sorry you had to miss that. Maybe you could add to the picture board on your day if you need to.
Dude.
That sucks.
And she? Is effing cute, yo.
But still. That is divorce suckage right there.
She is the cutest Tessie clone I have ever seen!
She's one of the cutest kids ever. That smile! So mischievous.
Oh, that sucks. I would be crushed about it too. But, you know, on the bright side, she a) is adorable and b) looks just like you. Ergo, you too are adorable. Right?
Post a Comment