Friday, October 23, 2009

Failure

Awesome video for those of us a little, erm, DISCOURAGED at the moment (WARNING: video contains people exercising! If this offends your delicate sensibilities you are excused!):



How about that move where he tries to get up holding the barbell in ONE HAND? Fucking awesome.

Keep on keepin on, health kickers. And foah the love of gawd, KEEP ME POSTED.

xo

9 comments:

clueless but hopeful mama said...

I just kept thinking: Dude needs a spotter!

Love the squat jump/push up combo! That had me cheering!

S said...

Standing up one handed barbell move was freaking awesome. As was the jump roping. I am quite possibly the most uncoordinated person EVER so the ability to do fun criss-crossing with jump ropes gets me every time.

Now I feel lilke a major slacker for only running 3 times a week...maybe I should start back to the gym. Sigh. Or not. :-)

S said...

Oh yeah...and the burpees! He rocked the burpees!

Melospiza said...

That jump rope reminded me of why I don't do jump ropes (how's that for inspiring!) Jump, jump, smack self in shins. Jump, get tangled in hair. Jump, jump, screw this. Every so often I try to show the kids how to do it, and it's about as entertaining to them as when I try to show them how to hula hoop.

sarahbb said...

I swear this video just drastically improved my mood and motivation level for some reason.

That one hand barbell thing = insane. I would like to put that on my long-term goal list, but who am I kidding? I'd kill myself.

artemisia said...

Thanks! Maybe I really will be able to conquer some of those crazy-ass yoga poses someday!

Ok. What is a burpee?

Alice said...

omg, those burpees. AWESOME. i love vids like these.

we did a new strength move in pole last night - one person lies on their back on the floor with their core as contracted as possible; the second person squats at their feet and lifts them up from underneath the ankles, and the floor person has to stay flat like a board and only bend from the neck/shoulders, not the hips. not sure i'm explaining this well? it's surprisingly hard. and then the squat-holder lets go of one ankle at a time, and the plank-contractor has to not let that leg fall for three seconds, then do the same with the other leg. i wish i could find a video of this. :-P

Lee said...

Those jumping push-ups, zomg. Jaw dropping. Needed this, thanks. This video is like a condensed version of my entire exercising history. Stop, start. Get frustrated. Start, stop, hiccup. Start.

Julienne said...

All I keep thinking is that he needs better shoes!