Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Shake It Off: Lunch Photo!

I have to say this was not particularly impressive, as far as lunch effort goes. Leftover chicken leg, various cruciferous veggies, and boring-ass salad. Well, if by "salad" you mean..."lettuce with store-bought dressing approx 1 month past the expiration date". Not exactly Good Eats (this weekend I was inspired, inexplicably, to purchase a veritable TUB of greens from Costco, and now feel compelled to gnaw on some at every meal. Fucking Costco).

8 comments:

pseudostoops said...

I do that with the tubs of greens too. But the tub is like only $1.50 more than the skimpy little bag, so I can't buy the bags without feeling like I'm being ripped off! But then it's a race against the clock to see if I can eat the greens before they go slimy and gross in the fridge! Why must salad taunt me so?

LoriD said...

We usually buy the tub too. Bart protests the most, because he knows he's getting lettuce on his sandwich. Suck it up kid, we all have to do our part to prove we are worthy of the tub.

Aggie99 said...

I know I've mentioned this before, but Debbie Meyer Green Bags really work! :) Wash it up, let it dry, and store!!

I'm impressed you even attempt the tub. We can barely make it through the bag before it goes bad. Which really only means we don't eat enough greens! :)

d e v a n said...

Those big tubs of lettuce get me every time.

Type (little) a aka Michele said...

I too, buy the feed bag of greens at Costco.

My 2 new dressing obsessions (because I can't live on blue cheese and balsamic alone) are Seven Seas Green Goddess, looks like toxic waste, tastes like YUM. And Trader Joe's Cranberry Walnut Gorganzola Vinagrette.

Type (little) a aka Michele said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julienne said...

I buy tubs of spinach and then end up eating vast amounts of spinach salad - I haven't yet tried to add spinach to shakes or smoothies yet, it just seems so WRONG.

Jess said...

Costco does that to me too. They are evil. Seriously. And then I get sick of whatever it is. Nine pounds of grapes? Please don't come near me with a grape ever again.