Thursday, October 14, 2010

Welcome to UnrecognizableLunchPhotos.com

Hey hey! It's another lunch photo!

Today I went with the barbacoa salad from Chipotle. No beans, rice, cheese, or sour cream, extra guac. It's a damned respectable concoction, if I do say so myself (digression: is it me or is the barbacoa not the CLEAR WINNER when it comes to Chipotle meat choices?).

I really hope I never morph into one of those assholes who can't stand their various foods TOUCHING each other. That would suck, not to mention render me virtually lunchless.

Also, it occurs to me that I use the term "salad" quite loosely. Well, I do START with lettuce. Then it just kind of...gets away from me, and before you know it, BOOM. $10 salad weighing in at over 1lb. It's a gift. Ish.

It's kinda like when you make burritos at home, and you're piling stuff on there, and piling stuff on there, until at some point you realize there is no way in HELL the contents of your burrito will ever be contained by using the generally accepted rolling method, and so basically you decide you're fucked, and you give up and get out the spork? Just me? OKAY THEN.

12 comments:

Jess said...

The barbacoa is THE ONLY meat at Chipotle, as far as I'm concerned. I usually do the bowl, but the salad is an interesting idea too!

(And yes, I always overfill my burritos and end up having to use utensils to eat them.)

Jane said...

Texxie, you eat the grossest shit.

Marie Green said...

Barbacoa is the only meat for me there, too. I once tried the chicken, just to round things out a bit? ERM, NO, just NO. If I could figure out how to make a barbacoa-ish meat at home, I'd be so smug someone would have to slap me.

We call it "over-filled-taco-syndrome" and it's to the point now that (thanks again to Chipolte) we do burrito bowls at home.

Anonymous said...

At the risk of alienating everyone, I can't stand Chipotle. My ex loooooved it, so let's pretend that's the reason.) :)

That photo of your lunch looks like it belongs in one of those 1960s cookbooks!

Shelly said...

The barbacoa is great, but I do have to add a vote for their carnitas, which is also yummy. And since it's pork, it's healthy! Ish.

JackeeG4glamorous said...

What's wrong with beans?

Tess said...

Nothing wrong with beans, I guess. Never have been a big fan, though. They taste like...PASTE.

Alice said...

due to my Overreaction to All Things Spicy, i'm a carnitas only lady :|

Maggie said...

The burrito overfill problem happened to me just last night. Evidently, one burrito really did need cheese, beans, lettuce, tomatoes, guac, etc. Admitted defeat and ate it open faced. Why do I even bother with the illusion of the burrito/taco?

JackeeG4glamorous said...

Still love beans. and cheese.


I'm a diet loser. Is a Three Muskateer's bar considered Dairy?

Tawnya said...

I make my own barbacoa-ish meat...get a beef roast, a package of taco seasoning, a can of beef broth, and some peppers of your choosing (I like Anaheim), throw it all in the crock pot and cook it all day. When it's done you can pull the roast apart with a fork, and wa-la, barbacoa. Works with chicken breasts too.

mamashine said...

Okay Tess, this is totally off-topic, but I used to have the post for the tater tot hot dish bookmarked from your old blog and now I can't get to it. Must repost! I need hotdish! :)