Friday, July 8, 2011

Friday

*It's truly disturbing how invested I am in the Gene Simmons family. I mean, really. Do you guys watch Gene Simmons: Family Jewels? If not, I'm going to go ahead and recommend that you take it up. Yes, I'm being serious. These people are just...well, they're awesome. I don't know how else to put it. And not in an irritating, trainwreck-y, Kardashian kind of way. Like, they are ACTUALLY awesome. As people. Anyway, Gene Simmons and Shannon Tweed (his ex-Playmate girlfriend of like TWENTY-SEVEN YEARS or some ridiculous shit) are on the brink of breaking up. Which doesn't SOUND upsetting, but TOTALLY IS, if you watch the show. Also, Nick Simmons has to be the funniest dude on reality tv, and you just KNOW that kid gets more ass than...well, his dad, I guess. Circle of Life.

*I try not to indulge in the Body Image Weirdsies, but if I DID, I could see how Ava's upcoming birthday party would be a right fine opportunity. I mean, a POOL PARTY, at my ex-husband's house, with his fiancee in attendance, as well as the parents of Ava's soccer teammates. Yrgg. Also, I am reminded of the possibility that I am a DICK for having a parents-invited pool party in the first place, and potentially making OTHER people uncomfortable. What's that you say? I am not actually responsible for the feelings of others? Ha! HAHAHAHA! Wouldn't that be a hoot.

*My reading habits are increasingly random and schizophrenic, as evidenced by my last two book choices: Unequal Childhoods: Class, Race, and Family Life by Annette Laureau and Spooky Little Girl by Laurie Notaro. I liked them both. Unequal Childhoods, in particular, is probably a candidate for one of my tiresome book reports slash Looky-What-I-Done-Read-Lately posts. (you see what I did there? I PRETENDED like I was up for dedicating a post to the book, when you and I both know that we could just discuss it in the comments and call it a day).

15 comments:

SLynnRo said...

ACK. I have the BIGGEST FUCKING CRUSH on Nick Simmons. BUT WHY?

Nik-Nak said...

I love Gene Simmons! I want Shannon to leave him though. There's no way he s not still screwing around.
I get that she stays though. Why wouldn't she with all that money he has. Oh? Was that shallow? Oops.

Swistle said...

I LOVE THIS: "What's that you say? I am not actually responsible for the feelings of others? Ha! HAHAHAHA! Wouldn't that be a hoot."

Blythe said...

I, too, have a totally age-inappropriate crush on Nick Simmons. WTH.

Sunny said...

I love the stuff you come up with......
'(you see what I did there? I PRETENDED like I was up for dedicating a post to the book, when you and I both know that we could just discuss it in the comments and call it a day)'...OMG-Thank YOU!!!!

Today YOU are my HERO!!!
;-D

Alice said...

i have been avoiding that show very diligently (no more reality tv shows! i cannot have any more shows!) but this is weakening my resolve.

artemisia said...

I absolutely second Swistle. Ha!

Sooo... that book sounds exactly like it is up my alley. I am reserving it at the library right now!

Jackie said...

I don't think I have ever seen Gene Simmons Family Jewels. But I have been hearing a lot about it recently. I will have to check this show out.

Maggie said...

Oh Unequal Childhoods is right up my alley. Putting on reserve at the library right now.

Good lord, I just wrote a treatise about my childhood etc. To save everyone's boredom factor, I deleted it and stop talking about books I haven't even read yet! Off to read the book...

Anonymous said...

I love when Gene says something to the camera where he's trying to be all serious and heartfelt, and then Nick does something so minor, like roll his eyes, and it totally just derails whatever his dad just said.

Also, did you ever watch Dee Snider's reality show, "Growing Up Twisted"? He did a video with his aspiring filmmaker son where he played Poseidon. Priceless.

Here you go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDxtDwpd_7E

Anonymous said...

Also, that YouTube link contains swearing, so it's NSFW.

Shalini said...

Whoa, I thought *I* was the one responsible for other people's feelings. Glad to see it's you instead!

JackeeG4glamorous said...

Come back Tessie...................

Type (little) a aka Michele said...

I think i need a complete recap of the shared Carlos pool party.

Ami said...

Oh my god I check your page for updates so often that I'm starting to feel like a full on stalker. "I just wanna be frieeeeends, no big deaaaaaaaaal!"