We don't have the girls for Christmas, and we're not doing SHIT. HALLELUJAH. As the first order of business, we have big plans to pull the LoveSac in front of the TV and watch the entire first season of Spartacus.
Have you guys seen these LoveSac dealios? Ours came from Tosc's house (OBV). It's a little Jersey Shore, I'll give you that, but I moved quickly to the acceptance phase once I realized how comfy the damned thing is. It may be literally and figuratively filled with white trash, but that trash is in the form of MEMORY FOAM. Aces. Unfortunately, it's in my fucking LIVING ROOM, which puts a significant damper on the ambiance of any future Tour of Homes. Ah well. We're built for comfort around here. Story of my life.
Bee tee dubs, thanks for commenting on your Love Languages! There's still time, if you haven't. My top two are Physical Touch and Quality Time, which is why I'd rather lie on the LoveSac (erm) and watch Spartacus than receive an expensive gift or get smoke blown up my ass about what an awesome wife I am. Which is glaringly obvious to begin with, because HI THERE. LOVESAC IN THE FUCKING LIVING ROOM.
Bee tee dubs, thanks for commenting on your Love Languages! There's still time, if you haven't. My top two are Physical Touch and Quality Time, which is why I'd rather lie on the LoveSac (erm) and watch Spartacus than receive an expensive gift or get smoke blown up my ass about what an awesome wife I am. Which is glaringly obvious to begin with, because HI THERE. LOVESAC IN THE FUCKING LIVING ROOM. 
11 comments:
Am more than a little jealous of your holiday lack of plans. I mean I love watching my kids be all happy opening gifts on Christmas, but the waking at the crack of ass, figuring out dinner, juggling guests, that all sucks. I swear when my kids grow up and move away and spend the holidays with their significant others' families, my husband and I are going on vacation somewhere warm alone for the holidays!
STILL WORKING TOO! hooray . . .
I wish I could sleep for Christmas since I'm losing hours of sleep each night preparing for it but I'm looking forward to it anyways.
I don't want smoke blown up my ass about the awesome wife part either but, since I'm not going to get quality quiet/alone time with my husband I'm just going to hope for jewelry (which is a new thing for me - wierd)
Quality time is my other primary love language, too. You and I are similar, apparently!
We also don't have real plans for Christmas. And I am SO. EXCITED.
Yes, still at work. Will be here tomorrow too. SUCKS! However, this blog post lifted my spirits so thanks! And I may add the LoveSac as a late addition to my wish list because I LOVE GIFTS! Heh. :)
P.S. I totally got my arm warmers today from Susan (so unexpected!). Hells yeah!
Great. I googled Lovesac and found this: http://www.comfysacks.com/top-sellers.php
and now I want one. Thanks a lot Tess.
Devan, that's the one we have. It's HOOGE. All 5 of us can fit on it. Well, at the moment.
Our friends have a Love Sac and it is HUGE. And super, super comfortable.
I could never get one because Abby hears the sounds of the bean bag and think it's a litterbox (true story). I brought home a cat bed last Friday that was a bean bag, and she had already peed on it (TWICE) by Sunday.
Am jealous of your non-holiday plans. That sounds nice.
Seriously considering throwing out our couch and getting one of those instead. ha!
I love smoke being blown up my ass, sorry:)
my other is "acts of service."
I dont' have my daughter for xmas eve and i hate it. Except all her santa gifts are at my mom's and still unwrapped so at least i still have time for that. I do get her back by noon on xmas day--do you not get ava the entire holiday? when do you celebrate/open gifts?
Farrell, we alternate Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. I had her the entire Thanksgiving holiday, and he has her the entire Christmas holiday. Santa will come to our house while the girls are gone, and then we will celebrate Christmas (slash New Years) next weekend.
I actually sort of like the arrangement (so far), because when we don't have the kids, Tosc and I get the whole holiday to ourselves. So, we can travel if we want, or just stay home and relax. Next year we don't have the girls for Thanksgiving, and we're thinking of going on a cruise. Etc.
As a kid, though, I usually did see both my parents at some point during the Christmas holiday. BUT, it was much easier because my parents are from the same hometown, and both sets of grandparents lived there. So we could go easily from one to the other.
Post a Comment