Well! That was a nice little sabbatical, wasn't it? Thanks to the 1 (ONE) person who cared enough to email a WTF and also send me the link to the NYC Firefighter calendar**, omg. FAY YOU ARE MY FAVORITE, the prize for which is...well. The same shitty post the rest of you get. Plus a spot on my elite team of concigliere! I listen to you guys! I do!
*Exhibit A-the Mirena. So far, after 6 weeks, I love it. As I mentioned in the previous post, I had it inserted during what would normally be the middle of my cycle. I stopped bleeding THAT DAY, and haven't had a period since. Um, WIN. I feel great, my watch got looser almost immediately, which probably means I'm less bloated, and my boobs haven't hurt at ALL (although they are a little smaller). As for the string, I haven't felt it at all. I mean, I haven't TRIED to feel it, and I don't PLAN to, have you lost your goddamned mind? I'm more of a set-it-and-forget-it type girl, I think that much is clear. And, uh, no one ELSE has felt it either, if you get my meaning. Erm. Moving along.
*Tosc got me a Kindle for Christmas! This is the perfect gift, because it's not something I would have ever bought for myself, but I LOVE it. Regardless, I'm pretty sure he's regretting it, because I've been ignoring him for days while I read like 4 books. Way to think that one through, babe. That's why I got HIM handpainted OSU pilsner glasses and one of those hottie plaid lumberjack shirts. I'm really only interested in giving gifts that benefit ME in some way. I mean, that's just Good Looking Out. Sucks to be you, thoughtful gift givers/nice guys.
*One of the books I read on the Kindle was SuperFreakonomics. I was...not impressed with it. As you know, I have a hobbyist-type interest in economics (DON'T WE ALL), and I really enjoyed the original Freakonomics book, and still enjoy the Freakonomics blog written by the authors. SuperFreakonomics, not so much. If you've read any OTHER bestselling economics books (Malcolm Gladwell***, etc), much of the information is not new. Also, there is a TON of stuff on global warming, which...SNORE.
***FWIW, I was also unimpressed with Outliers. Instead of a helpful tutorial on how to BECOME an outlier, the message of the book seemed to be: most outliers are lucky bastards who were in the right place at the right time, and best of luck to the rest of us. Well then. MOTIVATIONAL.
**Speaking of my unfortunate penchant for East Coast men, are you guys watching Jersey Shore on MTV? I do so love a good Guido. Oh pipe down, Guidos. Wait, do we have any Guidos reading? PLEASE GOD LET THERE BE SOME GUIDOS READING. Email me Guidos! I'll let you join the team of consigliere!****
****Spellcheck acknowledges the existence of neither "Guido" nor "consigliere". Blogger hates Italian Americans! Bad idea, Blogger. Not wise. I'd sleep with one eye open if I were you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

20 comments:
Oh, so nagging you to write counts as love? NOTED.
What I find about those sociology books is that it's safe to read the first chapter and then return the book to the library. Each one is a SUPER-INTERESTING ESSAY but without enough information to make a book.
did you hear that the state of NJ is going to SUE jersey shore, for defamation of (guido) character, or something? i find this HILARIOUS on so many levels i can hardly stand it.
ok this is all i can find, which is not exactly a lawsuit, but still! HAHAHA! http://www.fancast.com/blogs/tv-news/nj-lawmakers-ask-mtv-to-cancel-jersey-shore/
I agree about Outliers! I'm about to start The Tipping Point.
And welcome back!
I LOVED The Outliers and the rest of those books. I'm totally interested in statistics and how people end up in the right place at the right time and am not so interested in motivational speeches so...
Did you not find it interesting that it's far more dangerous to drunk walk than to drunk drive? Not that that message should get to all the boozers that don't have a dd but interesting still.
Woo! A Tess post!
Every time I clicked (sadly) on your un-updated blog, I would think, Oh yeah. Holidays. End-of-year. Busy Tess.
Then I would think: but the new year approacheth! Soon we will have Tess back from the clutches of her PAID LABOR!
And, lo, it came to pass.
Amanda-I ALSO really liked the part about car seats not preventing more death than seatbelts alone.
Aw man, Outliers. I was also disappointed by the "guess you had to be born at a certain time during a certain month to get your big break" message that came across.
Yes ma'am. You are welcome. :)
My husband is a guido, if that counts, though not from Jersey. He calls himself "fat bald dago". Google seems OK with dago. :)
I was just visited here yesterday (if you have google analytics, I'm the little dot in southern MN! HI!)... and now here's a new post. Hurray!
It sounds like you DID in fact make it to MN for Christmas? That had to have been close/intersting.... the weather, how it sucked.
Glad the Mirena is going well. And I too would not ever buy a Kindle for myself... I like to feel books, to gaze at their covers, to see them lined up neatly on my bookshelf. Hot damn- I'm *romantic* about my effing BOOKS.
I learn more about myself all the time, I tell ya.
Oh, hi!
That is all.
Oh, score on the gift! LOVE my Kindle. My dh? Not so much. (him loving the kindle that is. not me loving him.) confused yet?
OK - welcome back!
Good to know about Superfreakonomics because I also loved Freakonomics and their blog. So much really interesting information about declines in crime, car seats, etc. Guess I will skip SF though.
Also mmmmm a Kindle. Maybe for next Christmas.
I still stroke my Kindle lovingly and I've had it for six months or so. I love actual books, but my Kindle is kind of my bit on the side, my mistress.
I keep reading about Jersey Shore online - how do we not GET this here? Fucking infuriating.
Glad you are back, as always. Oh and there's a string hanging from the mirena??
AND She is BACK! Sorry I didn't harass you and all.
I would love a kindle! What an awesome Christmas present!
DAMN that Fay for making us look bad! DAMN HER TO HELL!
Jersey Shore- BAH! Assholes perpetuating negative stereotypes about my state!
I want a Mirena! I mean, not right now because soon I won't need BC at all, but after giving birth: DEFINITELY the Mirena.
Post a Comment