Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Rumors of my death, etc etc.

Hey! Hi!

Well, you guys are getting quite squirrelly on me, now aren't you? AWW. I always forget that normal people, like, WORRY and stuff. For the most part, I was born without that bothersome fretting gene, and as a result I can be pretty inconsiderate. So, um, sorry about that.

Anyway, thanks so much to everyone who has commented or emailed or otherwise expressed concern that I was hanging from my shower rod or similar. Fortunately, this is less of a mental-breakdown type sitch and more of a shit-hitting-the-fan-at-work dealio. Typically, I'm tied to my desk like so much LIVESTOCK, leaving plenty of time for nefarious Internetin', but for the past several weeks, and the next several...not so much. So, that's been sucking.

And, um, when I'm NOT at work, IF YOU MUST KNOW, YOU NOSY BASTARDS, I've been spending most of my time with this guy:

Internets, meet NiceDate. NiceDate, Internets.

Just FYI, you know who makes the PERFECT firefighter's girlfriend? A NON-FRETTER, that's who! (Me: you did WHAT at work today? That's nice, baby. The real question is, who made lunch at the station and what did you have?)

Miss you guys xoxo

44 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh hells yeeeah!! You have a verrry good reason for being absent and are excused if you are spending the free time you have unchained from your desk wrapped tightly in the arms of a hawt fireman. No longer worried, now just jealous--
Brooke.

sally said...

She's alive! Yea! It's great to finally hear from you again.

-R- said...

Nice date is a firefighter? Whaaat???

Sorry things are so crazy at work!

Flibberty said...

You are NiceDate's girlfriend! Oh yay!!! This is the best way to come back from an absence. ALso, he's a firefighter? Awesome and totally hot. And nice to boot? You have hit jack pot. Hello NiceDate!

Nowheymama said...

I was JUST thinking of you this morning and wondering what was up. Glad to know everything's OK.

Sarah said...

Yay, you're still alive! I WAS getting a little worried. Though, obviously, not enough to email, as I too lack the gene of being considerate. I'm also available for forgetting of birthdays, pulling together lame gifts at the last minute, disregarding my own anniversary, etc.
So um, firemen are all BUFF and stuff, right? Are you sure you're not being kept busy with THAT and not work crap? (I HOPE SO!)

Aggie99 said...

Welcome back! Even if it is just for a brief moment. :) And you know who could NOT be firefighters girlfriend (or police officer's gf)? ME! You know I have way too much of the worry gene in me.

However, I had not considered the fact that he's probably a pretty good cook since they do eat all those meals together. Double Score!

Maybe we can meet this guy soon. Perhaps on M&C's new kick ass patio. :)

Kristi said...

NiceDate is a firefighter? Hotness! And you used the word girlfriend? My mind is blown by your comeback!

Mary O said...

I think you failed to mention that NiceDate is a firefighter! That is just too sexay! Glad to hear you are still among the living! =)

3carnations said...

Good for you! Was he climbing up to save you from a burning building, or what? :-)

Maggie said...

Mmmm firemen . . . . Oh yeah also glad you are not dead or trapped under something heavy (unless work counts in that category).

Petunia Face said...

Oooh! 293 is a hottie! Is one allowed to call a firefighter a hottie, or is that just corny?

Seriously, good on ya'.

Glad you're not dead.
xo,
S

LoriD said...

Well I knew ND was a firefighter (volunteer... his day job is... at your workplace? I'm trying to keep up here.) Glad you're spending your time productively!

Gretchen said...

Seriously, did you say "girlfriend"??? Thanks for the update.

Amy said...

Mmmm...firefighter. My hub's a FF. A great cook and he can save me from any situation - what's not to love?

Shelly said...

Whoohoo! Good for you! NiceDate looks like a HotDate to me.

Michelle Smiles said...

Look at you owning the word girlfriend like it's no biggie.

And NiceDate is a fireman? Yum - is there a calendar?

Susie Q said...

Glad to hear your alive and well, and dating a fireman, I'd be incommunicado too. Firefighters are
HAWT!!!

stephanie said...

Um, I ditto Michelle Smiles' post word for word.

WORD FOR WORD, I SAY!!!

Mandy said...

yeah, what stephanie said;)

artemisia said...

Whew! I've been wondering how you are!

When I met A. I was dating a fireman named Rod. A FIREMAN NAMED ROD.

Anyway.

Glad to hear from you! Hope work quits being a bitch.

Kristin said...

your back. this makes me happy. thank you for the update and the pic of your fireman lover.

Fay said...

OH MY LORD! A fiahfightah! Haaaahahaha. :)

Why hello there, 293. Why yes, I do seem to be in some distress.

Ten kinds of awesome. Except he needs to let you come up for air to POST SOME SHIT, GAH.

Alice said...

GIRLFRIEND?? IIIIIINTERESTING! also awesome. enjoy what i can only assume are hot n' buff fireman arms. yowza.

Trishy said...

YAY! So glad you are well, it was over a MONTH! I was fretting. Glad all is well and that you're enjoying time with your hottie firefightah!! :)

Julienne said...

Glad you're back!

Firefighters are worth it EVERY TIME! haha

Michele said...

Holy cow!! A firefighter! Did NOT know that . . . NICE VERY NICE! Sucks to be so busy at work. But who wouldn't want to come home to the HOT firefigther! Way to go! :)

Whimsy said...

Well now. That's a nice way to work in both FIREFIGHTER and GIRLFRIEND.

Welcome back.

Lee said...

I bet the boyz at the station will appreciate all your HOT DISH recipes.

FUN POST! Booooo for work. Yay for blogging.

JackeeG4glamorous said...

Firefighter where firefighter equals pole dancer?

LOVE YOU, Behave!!! Write soon.

Farrell said...

OMIG Firemen are so hot. I want one.

Mama Bub said...

"Girlfriend"? "Baby"? "xoxo"?

Who are you and what the hell have you done with Tess?

Also?

YAY

amber said...

Uhn. I've always thought firefighters are super-sexy for one very good reason. The suspenders.

M said...

Dude. He's a FIREFIGHTER?


oooh la la. Off with you. Go enjoy yourself! Glad your back and NOT hanging from your shower curtain rod.

-R- said...

We're all total skimmers! I just saw the older post that says NiceDate is a volunteer firefighter. Ha!

Kat said...

Obviously I'm not the only one that caught that word 'girlfriend' - and of a hot firefighter - nice.

Anonymous said...

OH! Yay!!! Glad you are okay! Hey NiceDate-don't hurt our Tess, or we will kick.your.ass., hot or not!

Kelsey said...

Thank you for letting us know you're still alive!

Anonymous said...

Ok, so you are one of those sucky chicks who dumps her friends when they have a boyfriend?

(kidding)

Give an update already!

Kristin said...

okay. UNCLE!
you can come back now.

Lola said...

Sooo dying to hear what you thought about Jon & Kate last night - didn't you say at one point that you loved that show? Me too, but last night's was PAINFUL!

Blondie said...

It's been a while since we've heard from you! From the sounds of it, you're likely very busy enjoying your hottie fireman, but give your internet friends a break- we miss you!

Serror said...

More about NiceDate please! Some of us need to live vicariously thru the internets! :)

Hope Memorial Day weekend was great!

Gretchen said...

We miss you. Hope you find time to blog again soon.