Thursday, September 29, 2011

September

My browser is no longer supported by the new Blogger interface. Outstanding. If I could choose one thing to improve my Blogger Experience, it would be that.

So, how are things? It's September in Texas, so life is a living, breathing hell, thanks for asking. Pretty standard. It's going to be almost 100 degrees today, just as a point of reference.

Ava, after school yesterday: I wish I was already in COLLEGE!

Me: [this is gonna be good] Why?

Ava, SHEDDING REAL, no shit TEARS: Because I DON'T LIKE TEXAS! It is TOO HOT for me!

You see a non-sequiter, I see an effective joint smear campaign by two Yankee parents. Turns out we CAN collaborate on the truly IMPORTANT things, e.g. an early and solid foundation in Texas: Places Other Than.

You see, Ava and I had a conversation the last time we were in Minnesota about how I left to go to college in Texas, and how she could go to college in Minnesota, or New Hampshire, or Boston, if she wants to (I realize there are TECHNICALLY other options, but these are all places she's familiar with, the spoiled, world-traveling little shit).

Anyway, SEED PLANTED, obv. She's going to Minnesota again in October, and Pennsylvania in November, so we'll no doubt start receiving Penn State catalogs shortly.

...aaaand then she'll end up going to Ole Miss or some shit, just to piss me off. Oh pipe down, REBELS. It's the September talking.

10 comments:

saly said...

So, where abouts in PA?

You can send her here for a while if you want--our low on Saturday, when Bud has an outdoor football game, is 39.

Nowheymama said...

We are! Penn State!

We'd take good care of her in PA.

Fay said...

I heart Ava.

Plus in other states she can learn about evolution, AMIRITE.

Anonymous said...

YESSSSSS. Minnesota! It was 75 degrees yesterday. Today it's 50, rainy and the wind is gusting up to 40 mph. Minnesota is bipolar, is what I'm saying.

Nik-Nak said...

Are you ready?
Hell yes! Damn Right!
Hotty Toddy Gosh almighty
Who the hell are we Hey!
Flim Flam Bim Bam
Ole Miss by damn!

Love me some Rebs :)

Tennessee might be an option. It's been 80 all week. But then again it's supposed to be in the 40s this weekend, so we might be a bit bi-polar as well.

d e v a n said...

Well, she is definitely right about Texas!

LoriD said...

Yikes - how long do you guys in Texas have to wait to wear your cute fall sweaters and boots?

Maggie said...

My parents spent most of my youth bemoaning the place we lived (even though by most people's standards it's awesome) and then were pissed off when I went to grad school 3,000 miles away and stayed there to live afterwards. Make up your mind parents!

I'm aiming to convince both my kids that the state university here is the awesomest school there ever was so they will not move 3,000 miles away (and also take advantage of in-state tuition). Manipulative what now?

-R- said...

What a smart kid you have!

Alice said...

my sister, who grew up on the east coast with normal seasons, went to school in texas and inexplicably FELL IN LOVE with the weather there. like, somehow PREFERS 110 degrees with 1 billion % humidity to normal, sane, weather. we don't know what happened.